It has been a while...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It has been a while...

recently I have been wondering if we could have the private forums opened up.

I know for a fact that the GS private forum can be reopened, and GoW also agreed to open theirs. The ND forum has been open for a while.

Would it be ok for the admins to open these fora, asap?

Also, this would leave the issue of the Lego, Lux, Vox and RP fora. are these teams still set in their ways with regards to keeping the private fora closed, ad eternum?
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Perhaps not, Krill. People in GS were receptive of opening the forum when it would be all of them.

There was a sudden chill when some announced that theirs would remain closed. Perhaps they were wise.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

GoW voted yes for our forum irrespectively if others open theirs. Of course, some reciprocity would be nice.

That said, I'm only really interested in seeing the GS and Lego forums. If at least the "big 4" were opened I think it would be better than nothing.
      A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Lego has said no. ND's is unreadable by most of us.

I would be fine with GS being open, but I care for the opinions of one or two stalwarts who said no when Lego said no.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Lego said no unanimously (it was me, Zargon, Kloreep, and Tiberius still reading our private forum and voting at that time) because we felt strongly there were threads we wouldn't like others to read many months or even years after those things happened.

Sometimes our own internal struggles, sometimes things we internally said about others. No hard feelings now... but those were heated times - even the "filtered" stuff we posted in public from time to time was often enough to sparkle tensions and debates that were not fun to be involved in. Often, we later learned otherwise and changed our opinions (that is very true at least for myself) and letting people read what we thought of them and their deeds years ago (yes, years!) would do little good to everybody involved. Nobody would read the whole forum and reading just parts could easily lead to people misunderstanding, feeling offended etc.

We believe it will be better to leave that stuff rest in peace. None of us has the energy, time, and desire to sort through all the threads and separate "ok" threads from "sensitive" ones.

Sorry for that.

We would, however, have no problem with making all the Lego War threads public. Subject to redstar's approval, we might make our chronicle thread public, but I fear his computer would get seriously overloaded if everybody started downloading all those pictures (we linked to them - and it was like hundreds of megabytes total).

I would offer to make the war threads public, but I'm having my plate full on several other fronts ATM. Could someone poke me in about a month?

Comment

BTW, I would like to point out this thread. It's been a while since I added to it and I really need to get back on that project, but I've already copied some earlier Lego threads in to it. Hopefully a great part of the Lego forum can be published over time.

Comment

Originally posted by vondrack
              Sometimes our own internal struggles, sometimes things we internally said about others. No hard feelings now... but those were heated times - even the "filtered" stuff we posted in public from time to time was often enough to sparkle tensions and debates that were not fun to be involved in. Often, we later learned otherwise and changed our opinions (that is very true at least for myself) and letting people read what we thought of them and their deeds years ago (yes, years!) would do little good to everybody involved. Nobody would read the whole forum and reading just parts could easily lead to people misunderstanding, feeling offended etc.

We believe it will be better to leave that stuff rest in peace. None of us has the energy, time, and desire to sort through all the threads and separate "ok" threads from "sensitive" ones.

Sorry for that.
              It couldnt be any worse that what lies in GoW.
              We were quite "explicit" in posting what we thought of the other teams.

"No Comment"

Comment

like the Fun in Understanding a Good Story party, amongst others =) altho UnO made something good out of that..
                Proud member of the PNY Brigade
                Also a proud member of the The Glory Of War team on PtW-DG

A.D 300, after 5h of playing DonHomer said: "looks like civ2 could be a good way to kill time if i can get the hang of it :P"

Comment

And none of it has been deleted. So, that should not really be a concern about us reading other forums if we're willing to let you see ours.
                  A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Actually, the real reason we won't open the Lego forums is that we don't want you all to see the little pet names we had for each other in private... some things can only be shared among teammates
                    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Vox is fine with it being open.. but I don't know how

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                      X