Clear All

The save GoW sent to us..

Our password is oporto
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
      Well played, everybody.
      Short and to the point.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Wow we wacky warmongers Won. Good game all. It was a real learning experience for me. I'd never played a multiplayer game before(unless you count the old civ2 hack) and before this had nver finished one. While I still play SP usually, I did learn many tricks and tactics that I have encorporated into my own strategies.

One AAR from me. One item that is often overlooked in the analysis of the bobian war is the importance of the few RP workers we captured. I believe it was 3. those three allowed us to build roads that allowed our armies to rush south(it was 2 turn trip with them), w/o them a 4/5, IRC.
        If RP had disbanded these workers when they saw us in the south, we would have had to either borrow workers from nd or move them south. If this had been the case Alamo would NOT have held when the large GS forces pushed west. Just a little detail on how close the Bobian war was to turning out different.

Aggie
        The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie
          Wow we wacky warmongers Won. Good game all. It was a real learning experience for me. I'd never played a multiplayer game before(unless you count the old civ2 hack) and before this had nver finished one. While I still play SP usually, I did learn many tricks and tactics that I have encorporated into my own strategies.

One AAR from me. One item that is often overlooked in the analysis of the bobian war is the importance of the few RP workers we captured. I believe it was 3. those three allowed us to build roads that allowed our armies to rush south(it was 2 turn trip with them), w/o them a 4/5, IRC.
          If RP had disbanded these workers when they saw us in the south, we would have had to either borrow workers from nd or move them south. If this had been the case Alamo would NOT have held when the large GS forces pushed west. Just a little detail on how close the Bobian war was to turning out different.

Aggie
          ARRGGHH!!!

Congrats.
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

btw, am I the only one having problems watching the end-of-game replay? I keep on clicking the play button and nothing happens. :/
            A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Try waiting for 5-10 minutes after the screen loads before pressing play. It's buggy and pressing play too soon before it's actually ready can mess things up.

I actually haven't tried it out yet myself.

Comment

Because I left, this is the first time I've seen the results. I joined GoW thinking war would be as good in MP as in SP, but later I spent many turns concerned that our name might result in preemptive attacks against us.
                Last edited by realpolitic; November 11, 2005, 14:56.

Comment

Working...
                X