This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, bad news here.

The save seems to be sick again. Simply loading the save we received from Vox and hitting the end-turn button crashes the game to desktop.

Crashes on my machine, crashes on Kloreep's machine, so it's probably not machine-dependent. I tried this and that during the diplo phase (GS, would you stop sending those unaccepted peace proposals, please? ), but no luck. Whatever I do, ending the turn crashes the game.

I will try few more things, but I am not holding my breath. Can everybody check their trades, please? Peace treaties? Anything unusual?

Comment

• We haven't done anything in the active diplo screen for several turns now, just to avoid crashes. And no, we haven't send you any peace proposals either, accepted or unaccepted

There is one strange thing which might have an influence, maybe this is part of the problem. One of our deals was supposed to end last turn, and it didn't. But as said, we haven't entered the active deal screen to check on it...

I surely hope this can be checked, edited, or somehow corrected without us going back a turn... otherwise we'll have to wait another 2 weeks

Just an idea: can this be diplomacy related? We're experiencing problems for a while now. In that case, could it be related to the problems of the ISDG, and could gramphos help, perhaps?

DeepO

Comment

• Well, regarding GoW, this turn when I checked the F4 screen for the details on certain treaties, it crashed. Yeah, I know this is the infamous diplo bug but the strange thing is that we didn't have it before.

Also, before the war started we would have some rather wierd trades in the F4 screen (like Iron to Lego IIRC) which of course did not appear in the F2 screen.

Whatever the case, I think we should just skip Lego's turn and play from there...
        A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

• Originally posted by DeepO
          There is one strange thing which might have an influence, maybe this is part of the problem. One of our deals was supposed to end last turn, and it didn't. But as said, we haven't entered the active deal screen to check on it...
          Well from my (former) PBEM experience this was not something odd. Certain trades would automatically re-negotiate and others wouldn't and it seems that the option in the preferences screen had little to do with all this.
          A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Zen
            Well from my (former) PBEM experience this was not something odd. Certain trades would automatically re-negotiate and others wouldn't and it seems that the option in the preferences screen had little to do with all this.
            Maybe PBEM is different, I'm not so experienced in this. But the deal I'm talking about is not a renegotiable one. It had a fixed expiration date.

DeepO

Comment

Whatever the case, I think we should just skip Lego's turn and play from there...
              While I like the idea, the sad thing is they tried it already

DeepO

Comment

• Originally posted by DeepO
                We haven't done anything in the active diplo screen for several turns now, just to avoid crashes. And no, we haven't send you any peace proposals either, accepted or unaccepted
                Well, loading the 1265AD save received from Vox, the first thing I had to respond to was an unaccepted peace offer from GS. Of course I immmediately knew you were giving the war up already, but I thought 'no way, either they send that peace accepted or we will show them - we are holding them by the throat now!'

Kidding. About what I was thinking, I mean. The peace proposal was there. Honest. Trip can attest (the save is available from the last Lego Chronicle entry, Trip).

And it was not the first time - happened at least once before this turn (during the war). I will check what turns we received this offer from you.

Comment

Also, before the war started we would have some rather wierd trades in the F4 screen (like Iron to Lego IIRC) which of course did not appear in the F2 screen.
                  This was actually our dyes for your luxury (forgot what exactly it was) deal. It was just showing incorrectly in the F4 trade detail screen. We had it displayed wrong, too.

Comment

• Peace treaties: I'm not perfectly sure, but didn't something similar happen to us in the Bobian war, with ND sending us peace each turn? It could be an artifact from checking on you: you need to offer peace momentarily to see certain things.

Before you accept peace, please send me a PM. I don't want to give you any ideas

DeepO

Comment

• I had that happen in the PTWDGII - I played the turn for Cake or Death and checked on Monkey's tech status. That required that I go into the diplo screen and click on a peace treaty. I canceled it out and sent the save on... only to receive a PM from a member of Monkey asking if our peace offer was for real. Doh. I'm positive I cancelled it out, but the game apparently doesn't accept that.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• well, sometimes it does accept that, I'm sure. Vox and GoW must have checked on us in those wars as well, but we never got any messages from them

DeepO

Comment

• This thread is over 500, so please continue discussion here:

Comment

Working...
                          X