The Future of This Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future of This Game

With CIV looming on the near horizon, and the general slow-down of turn playing, where are we going with this game? What are participation levels like on the various teams?

On Tabemono, for instance, I am the turn player, and pretty much the only person left on the team. This is problematic because I would very much like to retire as leader, but there is no one to take over. Even more problematic is the fact that I'll be travelling for the first 2 weeks of October, meaning that there will be no save movement from us during that time. Are other teams facing similar problems?
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

I am also the sole remaining member left on CoD.

Also, without iron, there is little point of either CoD or Python playing on, as we would only get squished without rails or factories.
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

FOOOD!!!!

errr, I mean, I could play it on as more of a PBEM if needed. That said, I wouldn't mind too much just letting this fade either.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Screw it.

Just stop the game now, and everyone opens the private forums.

Sound OK?
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Well, seeing that we haven't even heard from any of the other teams, it doesn't bode well for PTWDG2: The Feasting. Er... that's what we Tabejin call it, anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
            Screw it.

Just stop the game now, and everyone opens the private forums.

Sound OK?
            Sounds okay to me.

Comment

Funny how ZX feels alone on tabemono, yet has 2 Tabejin responding to this thread the same day it's posted.
              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Funny how ZX feels alone on tabemono, yet has 2 Tabejin responding to this thread the same day it's posted.
                I'm not alone after all!

Comment

Hmm, well I have always been more of a lurker than a poster - look how long I have been at Poly and yet have so few posts (yes, yet another Tabemono - ZX must wonder where we have been all of this time )

Truth is - if Civ 4 is successful - no one will want to play this anymore - in fact, since this is a PTW game it started to slowly fade after Conquests was completed really.

Comment

Within Monkey, I voted that we should of disbanded & left the game when we were finally booted off our home continent.
                    Beta & Con wanted to keep going.
                    I have kinda left the team since then.

I would suggest, that if they are struggling to find the time to play, then just skip our turn, stop the game, or do whatever you want with us.

If you want me to play, send me the save.
                    There is a chance Beta sent me an email asking him to play for him... but I dont check my civ email very often.
                    "No Comment"

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                      Problem is, none of us are really contributing...

And personally, I don't think that's about to change.

Comment

MaST have two members who compete to be least active. I'll need some hard thinking to top OPDs trip to china but still...is activity so low? At least we're having a war here
                        Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

I am the last active member at Monty. There are others (2 to 5 is my estimate) seem to be in permanent lurker status. I think there could still be some fun moments in the game-to-come, but I see no point forcing people to play if they don't feel like it.
                          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

I dont think Beta or I would mind if this game ended. I dont have the time for it any longer, and Im sure Beta has other things to do as well.
                            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I had assume that H_E had played the turn last week while I was out of town. Sorry if that is not the case.

For the sake of speeding the game up - I am fine that Monkey will withdraw from the game
                              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Working...
                              X