Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Apology

Good evening to you all.

I, Paddy the Scot, Captain of the Blood Oath Horde, Member of Apolyton, again come before you all.

Some time ago I came before you on the matter of the Double Login of James the Scot and Planet, that were created by Jimmy D and Kel.

Please know that I still fully accept this matter as being my responsibility!

Even though we didn't profit from Kel and James's prank, my team and I have been stained by it, and it will take some time before our reputation is restored.

Please know that I hereby concede this C3CDG game as closed.

I will no longer be asking for Team Babylon to play the save.

I also ask that the Apolyton Community accept my apology for the hurt that this issue has caused.

I have spent a great many hours with my friends, as well as several Great Lords on this matter. I thank each and everyone of you for taking the time and effort to assist me. Your words, guidance, friendship and honesty have been greatly appreciated.

It is the hope of many of the original Horde members, that you the community, will allow us to move onto the next game. Along with the hope of being able to again play, it is our hope that you the community will forgive us.

Again, please accept my apology.
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

On behalf of the mods of this forum and Apolyton, we appreciate your apology and accept it. This has been a trying period for many people at Apolyton. I hope others will feel the same as we do, and accept this apology as sincerely as it is intended.

While it did happen, and it will take some time to recover from, it is now time to move on to new games, and new conquests.

Good luck to all...
    And keep on Civin'
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Accepted. Let's move forward to other games and adventures.
      Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Good call Paddy , hope your well mate, be good to catch up some over the holidays

Works ends for me after tomorrow, been a hard five weeks in the run up to Christmas
        A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Well spoken Paddy. There has not been a lot to cheer or laugh about in this game, so ending on a noble note is a good thing.

I had been planning to post Babylon's decision, which was communicated to Paddy and Plato yesterday, but it is getting late this evening, and I have an awful cold, and besides, I think my letter to them summed up well our team's perspective on the game. Thought I would simply post it as our public statement, if that is OK.

Hi Paddy and Plato. This is probably not the message you want to receive, so I thought I would give you a heads up before I go public. Babylon will be quitting the EoD game. There is not the interest to continue with the game. Too much water under the bridge. I was originally thinking that it might help with healing, but there would be too few participants on the remaining teams to accomplish much of that. Healing is probably best done now my putting this game quietly to bed, and looking forward to the new civ4 demo game.

I doubt Ormuzd or Lord Nuclear will be interested in continuing either, but that is up to them.

Obviously there is also nothing to be gained by me accessing your forum. I appreciate the anguish and debate that went into that decision, and the fact that you decided to let me in was probably more important than me actually taking a look. This saves BOH from having a non-member see your forum.

We have all learned much from the events surrounding this game, and that in itself, should strengthen us as a community.

Thanks for your patience the last number of weeks with my lack of communication; RL has been very busy. Plato and I have been meaning to chat, but scheduling has been tough.

So, I will be posting publicly shortly. I would appreciate it if you keep this within your forum until I post.

Too bad the game has to end like this; but it may be for the best in the long run.

Regards....Beta.
          So, we move on. Long live civ!
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I really don't know what to say. It is sad to see the game end this way, yet I understand the reasons for it.

I would like to thank Team Babylon for taking the time to consider continuing this game. I know that the decision had to be a heavy one for all of you. Let me add my apology to Paddy's for the Horde putting you in this most difficult position.

I would also like to add my thanks to the admins and staff of this site for the countless amount of time that they have put into trying to bring some kind of resolution to this crisis. I am sure that this has to have been tough on them. I certainly agree with their motives to keep the site integrity high. In the end, this is the important thing.

To MarkG and DanQ: On behalf of the Horde, I offer an apology to the both of you as well. I know that this happening on your site must have caused you both a great deal of anguish.

And finally I would like to offer thanks to the many, many members of Apolyton that have sent emails of support in these matters to me personally. This support has meant a great deal to me. It is good to have friends such as you in times of trouble.
            Last edited by PLATO; December 23, 2005, 19:04.
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Thank you all for the great game

When will the team private forums be opened for public view?

Comment

All hail Paddy

as only he can say...game on
                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

This is a good thing

Paddy has stepped forward and on that we have moved forward.

To the future of our Demo Games

To the continued success of Apolyton as a family, community and as a whole

A New Day Dawning

New Hope

New Faith

Thank you Paddy
                  Attached Files
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                  X