Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The feelings around are to finish this game and move to the civ4DG

Comment

• It has been sitting for a few weeks now.

Is there a time set for the talk between Beta and Plato?
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Hi Paddy. Looks like we may be able to get together this weekend.

I still have high hopes that this game can be used, from this point onward, to rebuild relationships and trust in this community.

Onward Together
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO
          Hi Paddy. Looks like we may be able to get together this weekend.

I still have high hopes that this game can be used, from this point onward, to rebuild relationships and trust in this community.

Onward Together
          Plato & Paddy leading the Horde

Hopefully this will be as the Hurricanes landfall, some damage and then the rebuilding

Together forever..Onward
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Looking alright, wondering what all the posters in the Babylonian Team Forum have to say.
            Long Live The Horde
            Marshal of the Concordian Armed Forces
            Membership Officer of the Axe Grinders Guild

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubychaser
              Looking alright, wondering what all the posters in the Babylonian Team Forum have to say.
              Well, since the Horde has come forward and if nothing exists, then I would hope this will be put to rest

Time will tell

Then moving forward is all that can be expected

Gramps "Aployton Peace Maker" Troll

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubychaser
                Looking alright, wondering what all the posters in the Babylonian Team Forum have to say.
                Plato is enjoying Thanksgiving. He and I plan to chat this weekend.
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Just curious

any resolution?

Comment

• Not as of yet. The quiet times continue. Plato and I are crossing paths.
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Oh well, this game is dead. Lets move on to Civ4
                      Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

• Originally posted by bongo
                        Oh well, this game is dead. Lets move on to Civ4
                        agreed!
                        Neo Voxian and
                        President and founder of the Apolyton Yact Club.

Comment

• Funeral next thursday? We can arrange the wake here...
                          Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

• Originally posted by bongo
                            Funeral next thursday? We can arrange the wake here...
                            would seem the prudent thing to do

its possibly >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Time>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            Attached Files

Comment

• I am beginning the "Prayers for the Dead".

How long shall we hold vigil?
                              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• The belief held by many Aboriginies is that they come from the land plays a great importance when discussing ceremonies about death. It is believed that when a person dies, their spirit goes back to the Dreaming Ancestors in the land if the correct ceremonies rituals are conducted. Special dances and wailing songs are seen and heard in times of death or mourning periods.
                                The beliefs associated with death are different from language group to language group. Therefore ceremonies associated with death also vary from language group to language group. In some places it was believe that a person's spirit merged with their Ancestral Beings or the sacred or totemic site associated with them. In some areas it is believed that a person has two spirits, one was harmless and the other lived a separate existence but could still harm the first.

Some Aboriginies bury their dead some cremate them, some place the bodies on platforms or in trees or caves to conceal them.

Many different practises are performed to ensure that the spirits of the dead would not cause mischief or sadness within the language group. In many places mounds of dirt, bark, sticks and other natural objects were built between the grave and campsite to ensure that the bad spirits of the dead didn't haunt the living.

A person's possessions and weapon's are often disposed of or buried with them during the ceremony. In some areas burial poles are erected at burial grounds or stencil markings and paintings would show where loved ones were buried in caves.

Ceremonies last days, weeks and even months depending upon the beliefs of the language group. During these ceremonies often strict language rules apply. With close family members restricted to not being able to talk for the whole period of mourning.

Many Aboriginies talk of sorry business when discussing death to avoid sacred details. Often after a person has passed away the use of their name is forbidden. If there are members in the same language group with the same name is often changed.

seems reasonabke

we tell tales of prayerful journeys

we mention not by name these brave but instead wail and lament

usage of a Litany of future hope bourn out of pain of this passing of what once was, is now no more and yet will arise as a Phoenix tried by fire and discourse never yet again yeilding spewn fodder

or we could just sign in and pay respects and ask this thread be locked after our mourning period..

High Priest Ming could sprinkle with Spamwater before we role the large stone across our burial vault..as in Moses time..we will not no where this game and thread was buried

as in days of Sodom and Gomorrah look ye not back upon these times after mourning periods or lest ye find find yourslef trodden under as foot fodder
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X