No announcement yet.

The Last Song of the Beach Boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bards are dead. Long live the Bards!

Any Euphoriscian refugee is welcome in Babylon, land of the free. Also it should look familiar to them around here...
    Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
    Let me eat your yummy brain!
    "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

The Bards are indeed gone from this place
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Defeated militarily we may be, but the Bards are never defeated in spirit.

Where there be song, there be Bards. Where there be stories told over ale in a tavern, there be Bards.

Where there be joyous shouts of victory and anthems of rejoicing, there be Bards. Where there be sorrowful hymns and mournful dirges, there be Bards.

The Bardic Nation may be gone from this world, by treachery and deceit, but the Bard shall live on, in the hearts and voices of all people of this land torn asunder by strife and chaos. We look back on this time not in sadness, but with a glad heart, that our song was able to be heard by the ears of the many, and sung by the lips of the brave. Long after the fall of the Conquerors, shall the Bard remain. Beyond the Row of Desolation, shall the Bard remain. After the pacification of the Horde, shall the Bard remain. Toppled be the towers of Babel, shall the Bard remain. To the earth Dibbler's sausages may go, shall the Bard remain.

So long live the Song, live the Bard.

Let the Song be heard!
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Is there someone at the door?

/me looks

Thought I heard a noise out here.
          The Sherrin Foundation
          Captain of the Concordian Armed Forces, Inspectorate of the MoD Term VI

Comment

Originally posted by Aqualung71

Careful what you say about the Lord General Bongo....he may come after you next
            I was buttering him up for that eventuality.

And yes - to the Bards.. farewell. You provided music, spirit and friendship, and that is how you will be remembered.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I attempted here to say some nice things about the bards but managed instead to be offensive to some other nice people.
              Last edited by Golden Bear; October 1, 2005, 09:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Bear
                It is tough to be a good loser but it seems that, around here, the capacity to be a good victor is even rarer.

Bards are our friends and I see them in every glass of champagne I drink. And if we don't drink it all before the vermin take over our cities, well, we will water our roses with it.

Roses? They are flowers. Things that you crush with your boots into the mud. We treasure them as we treasured the bards.
                Interesting what you post here.

You should be more careful in your open posts.

Let the RED GUARD roll!

The Sherrin Foundation
                Captain of the Concordian Armed Forces, Inspectorate of the MoD Term VI

Comment

So Golden Bear, it was Babylon who provided the Bards with means to support their overextended military. The Horde auditors were wondering about that particularity, knowing for sure that Bards had at least 20 units. Thank you for your confession Golden Bear. We hope that the Horde will inherit the Bards and become at least as treasured as them if not more treasured. I hope Babylon understand these words clearly and take them seriously, for your sake Golden Bear and that of Beta and other Babylonians.

Comment

-

Comment

-

James, Ljube, you are personally trying to humiliate me and I won't settle for that.

Show some class towards the people you defeat. This is not third grade. They were your friends once.

Bard players were good guys and you should shake their hands and pat them on the back.

I am ashamed for you and your incredibly poor manners.
                      Last edited by Golden Bear; September 30, 2005, 21:54.

Comment

-

Comment

James, Ljube, you are personally trying to humiliate me and I won't settle for that.

I'm not trying to humiliate you. I thought your post was an admition that Babylon had been supplying Euphorica with the money they required to support their units.

Did I get your post wrong? If so, I'm sorry about my reaction, but the question stands: Who provided them with money?

Show some class towards the people you defeat. This is not third grade. They were your friends once.
                          I consider them my friends. I doubt a game will change that. Also, I think I did show class towards the people I defeated.

Bard players were good guys and you should shake their hands and pat them on the back.
                          I doubt a pat would help here. It would actually make things worse. However, I do acknowledge that Bard players are good guys and that I would like to shake their hands.

I am ashamed for you and your incredibly poor manners.
                          Saying that someone has incredibly poor manners is a display of incredibly poor manners.

Comment

And a great +3 for Golden Bear!!!!!

So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                            Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

And here again we see yet nother Player who dislikes the Hordes actions twist in character and out of character posts around as they see fit

Golden Bear lay off ljube !! and James too !!!

We have as much right as you to post in these forums and we are allowed to celebrate a victory without your consent.

None of our team wishes any ill will toward the players of the Bards and frankly who made you the judge ?
                              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

GB, you're getting worked up over nothing lad. I see nothing in the Horde posts here that indicate they are trying to humiliate you - if you want to see some genuine muck throwing go and read the posts in this forum from about 3 months ago

So ease up on the paranoia mate....this game is just getting back on track in terms of game speed and appropriate thread behaviour
                                So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                                Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Working...
                                X