of Lord Skrobichimu - From Simple Gardener To Daimyo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• of Lord Skrobichimu - From Simple Gardener To Daimyo

As Kampaku Paddiock Taronga traveled with Skrobichimu he explained why he had been called to the Emperor's Palace. It was the Emperor's wish to unite the clans of the island into a glorious kingdom. The Emperor saw that this simple gardener and inn keeper had a way with making strangers welcome. His chaniwa was to be a model for the way the clans were to all get along and Skrobichimu was to be the Daimyo.

Skrobichimu was unsure if he was ready for the task, "The Emperor is wise. But, what grows in my garden that could help the Miyoshi and the other clans?" "Did you bring your shears", is all Paddiock replied. They were quiet from then on.

The journey was a two nights trek through the hills. Following in the Kampaku's footsteps Skrobichimu pondered those words.

That night Skrobichimu dreamt of his garden, left alone and untended. A great weedy vine choked the bonsai and the flowerless orchids. Skrobichimu found shears in his hands and he began to trim back the weeds. Before his eyes the vine withered, the bonsai greened, and the orchids formed buds. The cat returned to his side with a welcoming brush.

Just as the cat brushed Skrobichimu, he awoke with a jolt. Was that the cat running into the trees? He rubbed his eyes and sat up.

The sun had rose and the cool morning air was refreshing. Paddiock had prepared a light breakfast of rice, dried fish and hot tea.

"I think I know what needs to be done."

Paddiock smiles, "So, are you ready to do some weeding?"

Now that Skrobichimu understood the task at hand he allowed himself to relax. It would be a long time before he could relax like this again, and he knew it. He enjoyed the trek and the conversation. Paddiock explained the ways of the royal court. Skrobichimu explained the ways of the fauna along the way. That night the warm fire was soothing, the new friends enjoyed themselves and an army's ration of sake.
    Last edited by Daddy-O; June 27, 2005, 22:11.
    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

We, the Miyoshi, are a favored people. The Emperor believes that we are the ones to unite this island's clans. A great garden is one of many types of flowers. Nipon shall be that garden. The Matsunaga are a weed that needs to be removed from this fair chaniwa. The Matsunaga are choking us in our own soil. The Matsunaga have captured our villages and enslaved our people. Let us pull them out at the roots and throw them to the pile for compost.

I humbly turn to you now for suggestions.
    Last edited by Daddy-O; July 1, 2005, 22:24.
    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

If we are looking to war with Matsunguna, do we want to mobilize? Is that too limiting?

What of wonders?

There is debate about where to attack first,
      "Kishiwada first, then Osaka."
      "Liberate the captured Miyoshi cities first"

Our army is between Kasuga & Noriko's Seaview. Which first?

Peasant at Kasuga 6 - capture before attacking Kasuga?

from joncnunn:
      Thoughts:

Obama Heights is going to need cultural expansion improvements quickly, it doesn't even have control of all it's inner ring tiles.

The Matsunguna city pattern is so loose that after we wipe them out we are going to need to infill a few cities there.
      What is suggested?

I am sure that I will have more questions soon.
      Last edited by Daddy-O; June 27, 2005, 22:08.

Comment

I might need more room at the top...

Comment

Take Seaview first. This isolates Kasuga from possible reinforcements from the Matsunguna core.
          I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

Originally posted by roadcage
            Take Seaview first. This isolates Kasuga from possible reinforcements from the Matsunguna core.
            Yes, Indeed
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

And don´t worry about wonders yet. We need military!

About the peasant - I guess it will fall to us anyway, so don´t bother with it for now.
              Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
              Let me eat your yummy brain!
              "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

I will be playing this tonight. Any other input is welcomed.

Comment

Yes we are not in a good position to build Great Wonders right now. We also can't really aford the shields to build a Small Wonder either, but if we get a MGL in the near future, we may want to have him build the shrine.

The unforunate thing though is the only way to get a GA in this conquest is to build a Great Wonder. But most of the civs won't ever get a GA. So all we need to do is ensure the civs that build the Great Wonders are far enough away not to hurt us with DG + Accel Production + GA military unit production.
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Hello?
                    We captured N's Seaview and Kasuga. We lost Tatorri.

Matsunaga is offering peace, horseback riding, World & Territory Maps plus 17g for our peace.

I can't get our city Tatorri back though.

I am very tempted to accept. Want input soon.
                    Last edited by Daddy-O; June 29, 2005, 20:18.

Comment

We need to take Tatorri back for the iron.
                      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                      Templar Science Minister
                      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Thank you. I will continue.

Comment

I have played 5 turns. We have retaken Tatorri. Do I continue to push the Matsunguna? Which city next?

The Uragami have also declared war on us.

Let me know I can finish tomorrow.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Peace now with the Matsunaga and punish the Uragami.
                            Neo Voxian and
                            President and founder of the Apolyton Yact Club.

Comment

Well done Lord
                              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                              X