Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What restrictions will we take upon ourselves?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What restrictions will we take upon ourselves?

lets get this sorted, then we just may get a start
    1. No parking units on unconnected resources in a state of peace to prevent them being hooked up. :nono:
    18.75%
    2. No pillaging with our Monks :bash:
    18.75%
    3. No pillaging with our Ninjas :naughty:
    21.88%
    4. We may not build the War Council GW, but may win diplomaticly if we capture it, provided we have at least 25% of the land area before calling the vote. :evilgrin:
    18.75%
    :ana:
    21.88%
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

settings so far

------------------------------

Random Civ

Demi-God

Accel Production

Recide off

Fix corruption / tech levels to same size

Fix placement of AI civs

------------------------------
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Proposed list of restrictions upon ourselves.

1. No parking units on unconnected resources in a state of peace to prevent them being hooked up.

2. No pillaging with our Monks

3. No pillaging with our Ninjas

4. We may not build the War Council GW, but may win diplomaticly if we capture it, provided we have at least 25% of the land area before calling the vote.
      (Note that domination is 35% land + 35% pop)
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

poll it

time to vote

take II

I am of the Horde.

Comment

Thought we were going to play the "Shogun Scenario" seems this is turning into a Joncnunn special..
          don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

Not quite, I had voted against the adopted acel production.
            And I had voted for the failed army mod.

Check out the number of restrictions by the Civ Fanatics group when they went thru conquests:

For MesoAmerica, two of the three groups implemented a fair complex working sacrificing rule [all those sacrified from the same group go to the same city] combined with a 5CC and needing to reach 7K global culture + each city with at least 1K culture before winning. Both won, athough they technically won single city becuase their nearest oppoent got to 5K empire wide culture.

The other group adopted a must win by domination restriction on sid level. They lost culrurally.

Some of the middle ages groups featured restrictions. The most restrictive were the Turk group deciding they must win by domination. (Lost on points because they switched tactics to try to minimize the number of points they were getting during the conquest)
            The Russians also tried a must win by conquest restriction, but abandoded that after noticing how many poitns they were getting from attacks on the king cities alone.

All groups in Age of Discovery took some restrictions upon themselves.

Originally posted by McMeadows
            Thought we were going to play the "Shogun Scenario" seems this is turning into a Joncnunn special..
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

wow two people did not allow in
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Convince me. Why should we restict ourselves to anything other than the mighty ?
                Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

On #1 : I belive that is on the generic banned exploits Rhelms of Foundation. (The CFC version of succession games.)
                  If they can win their games without resorting to that trick, we certinately can.

On #2: It is unbelivabley easy to pillage the AIs resources with a high defense unit with 2 MP that treats road as rail. At least in Epic, the Conqustor has a low enough defense value where the AI actually has a chance of killing such units. But Monks have very high defense factors.

On #3: How is the poor AI to stop you pillaging when they can't even see your unit, or even deduce that you have an invisible unit there because it just had a tile pillaged?

On #4: More of a style thing to assure we don't coast too much.

On the option. It's an attempt to appease the due to the proposed mod failing. I'm not sure if it will work.
                  Templar Science Minister

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
                    On #1 : I belive that is on the generic banned exploits Rhelms of Foundation. (The CFC version of succession games.)
                    If they can win their games without resorting to that trick, we certinately can.

On #2: It is unbelivabley easy to pillage the AIs resources with a high defense unit with 2 MP that treats road as rail. At least in Epic, the Conqustor has a low enough defense value where the AI actually has a chance of killing such units. But Monks have very high defense factors.

On #3: How is the poor AI to stop you pillaging when they can't even see your unit, or even deduce that you have an invisible unit there because it just had a tile pillaged?

On #4: More of a style thing to assure we don't coast too much.

On the option. It's an attempt to appease the due to the proposed mod failing. I'm not sure if it will work.

2. wait till masses of ai ninja start arriving
                    hehe
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by McMeadows
                      It is only fitting that our Daimyo Joncnunn has such input in the foundation of our (yet unnamed) clan

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot

2. wait till masses of ai ninja start arriving
                        hehe

and they use bananas, not stars RIGHT
                        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                        X