Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mogami : Extreme east along western coast. Closest fresh water several tiles north and several tiles east. Both sites may be contested.

Appears to be somewhat more difficult than the Date
    Last edited by joncnunn; May 16, 2005, 10:29.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I think they are all good enough. The only thing important is to choose whether we want a relatively peaceful game (starting on the edge of the map), or war all the time (starting closer to the middle). We can use game difficulty to adjust accordingly (set it higher with an easy location, or lower with a difficult one).

That being said, I think we should follow history, and pick the Tokugawa. I fail to see how their position is good. If we set the difficulty level high enough, the central position would get boxed in pretty fast, making the game rather challenging.
      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Takeda is relatively easy. I remember I have connected two luxuries very fast, thus decreasing the difficulty with two levels regarding the citizens' mood.

And the production bonus of the AI was compensated with other factors

Comment

Actually, the Date [the northeastern extreme most civ on the main island] should be a big war mongler. If they stay peaceful, their city sizes are going to be very low due to mostly plains / hills + no fresh water access.

Yes, the Mori [the western most civ on the main island] are in great position to be peaceful. A human playing them should be able to block out the AI quickly and also claim all spots west before the island civs get a foothold. (Failing that, a limited war to kick them out]

Agreed on the Takeda being easy for the same reasons ormuzd gave. In addition, almost all my cities had several river tiles and I won that easily without going to war with anyone. I claimed all the luxaries near them before the AI, and that brought in all resources. Now I did have one trick up my sleve to stay at peace, multiple mobile walls, that evenually became one very large mobile wall covering most of my border, with just enough openings to keep the AI moving in a futile attempt to try to sneak attack a city.

Tokugawa have lots of river tiles on their starting location and just north, plus grassland shields to their NE.

The most challenging civs in this one are any of the five on smaller islands. The most challenging one on the mainland is the Matsunaga. They are crammed in at the start.
          Last edited by joncnunn; May 16, 2005, 13:26.
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

thanks for all this info Jon
            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Looks like I'm going to have to play a quick game or 6 to decide. Good thing it's Friday!
              Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

The Hojo are good

Comment

Note that this poll assumes the mod to non-playable [currently deadlocked] passes. (I guess in this one case, dead-lock should be resolved in favor of the option)

Voting for the Ryuzoji, which I think is most challenging of all.
                  Templar Science Minister

Comment

Hojo, for the sake of roleplay. We can still make the game more demanding by placing a code of law (houserules) upon ourselves.
                    Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                    Let me eat your yummy brain!
                    "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Hum, if the current distrubtion patern continues [Hojo 5, 2, all other choices 0 or 1], we might not need a runoff.

While the Hojo do have fresh water at the start, they don't have the numerous resources [luxary / bonsus] the others do. (Not even grassland shields)
                      Templar Science Minister

Comment

I'm thinking difficulty level next, and then houserules.

If we're playing this on Sid level, I don't think we'll need any house rules. (Remember we've already overwhelmingly voted for regicide off)

Originally posted by Micha
                        Hojo, for the sake of roleplay. We can still make the game more demanding by placing a code of law (houserules) upon ourselves.
                        Templar Science Minister

Comment

Sid... wow

we will be wiped out... hehe

more a slaughter than a game
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                            Sid... wow

we will be wiped out... hehe

more a slaughter than a game
                            It played good enough on Deity, but only with one of the stronger civs. Since the Hojo seem to be winning at the moment, Sid might be an option.

We will just need to remember to be ready for one thing: Building the War Council wonder or capturing it as fast as possible after it is built. I lost the scenario, even though my military was enough to conquer Japan, because some small far-away AI was voted to rule the nation...

Comment

yes indeed matey, but this is a game with many players, and not always with the same long term plans...

also we are not all the accomplished player that you are old chap
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

I would say Emperor or Demigod should do it alright, regardless of the civ. One needs only to start the core running in this scenario, and the territory will be fairly small. After that it is mostly unit building all the way, until victory...

Comment

Working...
                                X