Snoopimus II: War with Whom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoopimus II: War with Whom?

This is the heart of the matter, and in some ways will be used to trump the other polls.

We need to destroy *someone*. But whom?

I see it as three possibilities, although I post more in case I am missing something.

* War with Persia, Peace with Carthage, Peace with Macedon+ROP: Persia is the score leader, and our top rival. We have an "average" military to them, which although probably is mostly because of the 1300 galleys they have outside of Wines to Dye for, is far more than anyone *else* has. Also, Persia might decide to war with *us* instead of the other way around, now that we are near neighbors. Good choice, and mine.

* War with Carthage, peace with Persia, whatever with Macedon: Carthage is somewhat annoying, and eliminating them could be useful. They are somewhat less likely to go to war on their own against us, but they are somewhat easier to eliminate. A decent choice, and the cities they give us are more useful (corruption wise) than any other.

* War with Goths, peace with the civilized tribes: Goths do give us some room to develop up north. I don't like this one, because the Goths are too far away, and are pretty harmless; but it would certainly 'increase our score'. I hate playing for score, except in VP games, so I'm not liking this choice. [I mistype "celts" instead of "goths" in the poll, sorry]

* War with Scythia, peace with the rest: They are the 'dark horse' choice here. It would take us forever (much longer than my reign) to get there; but we would be essentially hitting the Persians from the back side.

* War with Persia, ALLIANCE with scythia, peace with Macedon, peace with Carthage: This may be the best choice. War with persia, and get Scythia to give us an alliance, probably causing Persia to attack them first (as they're closer and easier). Persia is already at war with Scythia, of course, but we can get nearly 20gpt out of scythia (a small sum, but it adds up), if we want it, for an alliance; and it is useful to have something binding Scythia to our cause, even if they might abandon it eventually.

I pose these questions to you. Please vote for the combination you prefer.
    War with Persia, only, ROP with Macedon
    30.77%
    War with Carthage, only
    0.00%
    War with Persia+Carthage
    15.38%
    War with Celts
    23.08%
    War with Scythians
    0.00%
    Alliance with Scythians against Persia, ROP with Macedon
    15.38%
    Patriotic :ana:
    15.38%
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

You failed to add a possibility again. The polls are better done the multi-choice way.

War with Macedonia until our troops can get to Persia on Roman soil.
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Kill EVERYTHING!!!
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Finish off the Macedonians, then start annexing the Gauls.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Actually, with the Gauls I think we should let them keep their cities. Just destroy their army to get as many MGL as possible. Once we have almost completely destroyed their army, make peace and let them build up again. Once built up, kill them again. Rinse, repeat. The best unit they can get is a 4/1/1 attacker. We would slaughter them.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

for your consideration:
            don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

1: Kill the Macs
              2: Alliance with Scythia
              3: War with Persia
              4: Pay Goth and Carthago to join the FUN
              5: Take beer at "the three formaggio"
              6: Start new game
              Neo Voxian and
              President and founder of the Apolyton Yact Club.

Comment

I would like to go to 5 and stay there until 6 is in progress and this is very, very sure fact

Comment

I think they might actually have enough units currently where we might hit the Army limit with just one massive killing of Gauls [and the generated MGLs] if we don't attack and take their cities to increase the number of allowed armies.

Originally posted by Donegeal
                  Actually, with the Gauls I think we should let them keep their cities. Just destroy their army to get as many MGL as possible. Once we have almost completely destroyed their army, make peace and let them build up again. Once built up, kill them again. Rinse, repeat. The best unit they can get is a 4/1/1 attacker. We would slaughter them.
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
                    I consider this technically correct, but something I have absolutely no interest in doing whatsoever.

I think we can easily win this game, and should just *do it*, admittedly taking a slightly less 'optimal' route. This is going to be boring otherwise; and as Joncha (from 'other games' forum) would say, is Munchkinstic Minmaxery of the worst kind. I have no problem attacking Gaul, if the point is to up our score such as to win, or to delay while we get in a better position vs. Persia for a few turns; but if it is to spend tens of turns, boring turns, winning easy battles, meaning this game takes months more to finish ... no, not interested in the least. If that is the game you all want, then you can play it without me.

Anyway, another day or so I think on the poll, I'll probably play Tuesday if I can manage the time (should be fine, unless work does something weird). Apologies for the few days I delayed, but work was surprisingly long last week.

Comment

Just a silly question: Where´s the "Slaughter Macedon, then attack Persia" option?

Anyway, voted Persia only.
                      Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                      Let me eat your yummy brain!
                      "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Yeh, I sort of forgot that option. Honestly ... wasn't trying to leave it out ...

I'll look into slaughtering Macedon. I'm not sure if it would take any meaningful resources at this point ...

Comment

Why not add a bit of fun?

Pay the Goths and Scythians (and anyone else who cares) to attack Persia, while we clea up the Macedons. Then when the Scythians have sent their 3,000 4/1/1 units half way arond the world to be slaughtered by Persia, let's stab them in the back and destroy their defenceless homeland.

That will leave a lot of wandering mercenaries without a country

[EDIT: Actually, I think I meant the Goths....didn't I? ]
                          Last edited by Aqualung71; May 18, 2005, 22:49.
                          So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                          Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

You did. And your scenario is amusing, but not fun, and it will take far longer for the goths to get there than we have turns left in the game; the goths won't be halfway to persia when i'm done cleaning up the greeks. And I do mean I - i'll be surprised, and sad, if I don't win that war during my reign.

Comment

Whom has more to pluder from...?

that is who it should be
                              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                              X