X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which scenario do we take on? Poll III

Originally posted by joncnunn
    Hum, 7 / 6 / 6 / 3 / 2

Still heavilly fragmented. How about a new poll without the WW II option?
    yes indeed

-------------------------------------

the first poll was " to be or not to be? "

so shall we continue once a victory has been achieved or finish? was the question...

The results:

Continue = 6
    Finish = 10
    = 5

the second poll Which scenario do we take on?

The results:

The Age of Discovery = 2
    Mesopotamia = 1
    Fall of Rome = 2
    Middle Ages = 0
    Mesoamerica = 1
    Age of Discovery = 0
    Sengoku - Sword of the Shogun = 4
    Napoleonic Europe = 1
    WWII in the Pacific = 2
    = 3 (popular little sucker)

Which scenario do we take on? Poll II

The results:

The Age of Discovery = 7
    Fall of Rome = 6
    Sengoku - Sword of the Shogun = 6
    WWII in the Pacific = 3
    = 2

Which scenario do we take on? Poll III (this poll)

The Age of Discovery
    Fall of Rome
    Sengoku - Sword of the Shogun

further questions (which will be adjusted as we go as required)
    • which civ in the nominated scenario?
    • do we modify the scenario for a better game?
      ie. we did this in the current game... main mod was removing the permanent war between Rome and Carthage
    • which format of government do we take?
      ie. succession style we have used in Rome, or other formats...
    • what time frame do the governments have to achieve their goals?

other questions to be added as required

Attached Files
    The Age of Discovery
    34.62%
    Fall of Rome
    23.08%
    Sengoku - Sword of the Shogun
    34.62%
    :ana:
    7.69%
    Last edited by Paddy; May 6, 2005, 13:05.
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

My vote can be purchased at eBay. I have voted twice now for AoD, but I could be bought to vote for Sengoku.

Someone convince me why one is better than the other.
    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

... or if it's a tie we could play both. Set an order for our leaders. Use that order for one game. Invert the order and use it for the other.
      Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Originally posted by skrobism
        My vote can be purchased at eBay. I have voted twice now for AoD, but I could be bought to vote for Sengoku.

Someone convince me why one is better than the other.
        lots of great battles, long swords, monks with staff weapons, ninjas with stealth abilities

picture a 4 unit ninja army wandering through the lands, invisible to most opposition units

regicide, so you need to protect your Diamyo, yet the Diamyo is a great warrior who is great in battle... ahh that ancient gamble

longs swords - Katanas

and plenty of action, diplomacy and issues to keep a nation on their toes
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

ooh! Ninjas. ooh! Ooh!

You have my attention.

Comment

may I suggest you open the scenario and have some fun
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

It's hard enough posting from work. I don't think I can play here, too.

Interesting discussion here:

Tonight I will look at the two senerios more closely. Problem is that to decide - I need to play them.

Like I said in the other thread. AoD and Sengoku both looked very good.

How about we take a serious look at The Three Sisters?

Comment

I note that two of the three options on what to play next are very close to a tie for 3rd on the what is the best conquest poll. (We're already playing the #1 choice for best conquest)

We are now down to the ones that can be modded and we can take restrictions upon ourselves to increase the challenge.

See the first two poll threads for my ideas on how to improve all three.
                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                Templar Science Minister
                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Guess I'll continue voting for FoR. More preceisely, a mod of Rome Everlasting.
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I think that our mod to the chosen conquest should include the army mod from AU Mod.

1. size of army = 1, but a 4 HP bonus.

2. If an equivlent to MA exists in the conquest, the requirement to have a victorious army removed, the "improve army value" removed, and replace may build an army with spawns an army.

3. If an equalivent to Pentagon exists in the conquest, the allows larger armys removed and the "improve army value" flag added.

4. No change to the equilavelent of HE

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot

lots of great battles, long swords, monks with staff weapons, ninjas with stealth abilities

picture a 4 unit ninja army wandering through the lands, invisible to most opposition units
                    Templar Science Minister

Comment

Proposed change to the varient if Japan one chosen.

old: "may not attack AI capital until that civ has no other cities"
                      change to "may not attack AI king until that civ has no other cities"

(So we can kill the non-king units in the capital if we wish.)

But add, we may not use bombardment in the AI capital on a turn we are attacking [bombardment of other units may reorder the defending units], plus add an exception. If we are using our own king unit then we may use that one against the AI king unit if the AI has upgraded their king to its current beset upgrade for the tech it posses even if that AI has other cities.

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot

regicide, so you need to protect your Diamyo, yet the Diamyo is a great warrior who is great in battle... ahh that ancient gamble
                      Templar Science Minister

Comment

re: mods
                        Or we could just play the game the way it was intended.

re: purchase of my vote
                        PTS has presented some good reasons for Sengoku. AoD was leading last time I checked. Any reasons why I should continue voting for AoD?

Paypal and cash helps too.

I will vote tonight.

Comment

I will vote for Sengoku only if I can dress up as Uma Thurman.
                          Attached Files
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Beta
                            I will vote for Sengoku only if I can dress up as Uma Thurman.
                            I prefer Uma Thurman does that, but you can do as background.

Behind a courtain.
                            Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Ok, I think I have done the " Hurry up to finish before Civ IV" thing to death.

AoD
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                              X