This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which scenario do we take on?

we inch closer to our new game, all the while not loosing our razor like focus on the current game, of course

-------------------------------------

the first poll was " to be or not to be? "

so shall we continue once a victory has been achieved or finish? was the question...

The results:

Continue 6
    Finish 10
    Banana 5

and now we move on down the list of questions

the second poll (this one)

Which scenario do we take on?

The Age of Discovery
    Mesopotamia
    Rise of Rome done
    Fall of Rome
    Middle Ages
    Mesoamerica
    Age of Discovery
    Sengoku - Sword of the Shogun
    Napoleonic Europe
    WWII in the Pacific

if this is inconclusive we can re poll the issue easily enough

further questions (which will be adjusted as we go as required)
    • which civ in the nominated scenario?
    • do we modify the scenario for a better game?
      ie. we did this in the current game... main mod was removing the permanent war between Rome and Carthage
    • which format of government do we take?
      ie. succession style we have used in Rome, or other formats...
    • what time frame do the governments have to achieve their goals?

other questions to be added as required

Attached Files
    The Age of Discovery
    12.50%
    Mesopotamia
    6.25%
    Fall of Rome
    12.50%
    Middle Ages
    0.00%
    Mesoamerica
    6.25%
    Age of Discovery
    0.00%
    Sengoku - Sword of the Shogun
    25.00%
    Napoleonic Europe
    6.25%
    WWII in the Pacific
    12.50%
    :banana:
    18.75%
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Whatever it is, make it a quick one.

Civ IV is coming quickly...
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

hahaha well said

well had hoped we would finish this game... but we will at a victory now
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Voting "Fall of Rome" as a proxy to a mod to toughen up "Rome Everlasting" which itself is a mod to "Fall of Rome"

I do note that the Civ Fanatics group that played thru the offical Conquests skipped the Japan one entirely because the AI simply could not handle the fast mobile pillager unit [Yar.], so if that's the winning choice, we should mod that one to remove the pillaging ability for the Yar. [They've also appear not to have gotten to WW II Pacific yet]

Here's the link

there's a few non conquests there as well. I also note that many of these games were played in earlier versions.

What was suprizing to me so far reading thru their conquests report so far: [I've still on the Middle Ages sections]

1. Some of the civs that I thought would be almost impossible to win with, they won with.
        2. Some of the civs that I thought would be almost impossible to lose with, they lost with.

Also note that for any of them which has a VP limit, the domination & conquest victory conditions are meanigless. The VP one from the fighting will be achieved before either domination or conquest, in part because:

1. In games that are elimination mode [Fall of Rome], the player taking the last city gets VP points for all of the losing empire's units & cities.

2. In games that are in regicide mode [Middle Ages], the player kill the civs last King unit gets VP points for all the losing empire's units. [But NOT cities.]
        Last edited by joncnunn; May 3, 2005, 09:57.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Voted Age of Discovery. Shogun would be fine, too, though I found it too easy in SP...
          Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
          Let me eat your yummy brain!
          "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Also note, that if you want the icon then you should type just "ana" between the colons and not "banana"
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

hehe opps good point
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

That's so cool.

I will take a close look at the conquests and vote soon.
                Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

So far, a highly fragmented vote, only one conquest with more votes than and that one only has the support of 26.67% of the votes. (33.3% of the non banana ones)

Looks like they'll be a run off with the 0 and 1 vote options eliminated.
                  Templar Science Minister

Comment

Age of Discovery
                    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Originally posted by skrobism
                      Age of Discovery
                      Thanks!
                      Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                      Let me eat your yummy brain!
                      "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
                        So far, a highly fragmented vote, only one conquest with more votes than and that one only has the support of 26.67% of the votes. (33.3% of the non banana ones)

Looks like they'll be a run off with the 0 and 1 vote options eliminated.
                        yes indeed

Which scenario do we take on? Poll II
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                        X