Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign Affairs II

Senators,

We acquired 7 towns from Carthage when peace was negotiated under emperor Aquavian Lungarius. All those towns are now undefended and lie in desert areas.

The emperial proposal is to abandon all towns except for the incense one. This town will be be adequately defended. Abandoning the other, useless towns will prevent either active or passive acquisition of them by Carthage.

Except from keeping the cities and wasting resources to defense and culture there is of course the option of donating the cities to another nation.

emperor Maximus Meadae II saluts you all
    Abandon them.
    36.36%
    Spill resources on them, defend them and bring them culture
    45.45%
    Give them to someone else.
    18.18%
    don't worry about things you have no influence on...

First 2 votes go for spilling resources. I really don't get it. WHY?

Comment

Keep'em and irrigate. Use them for trade bait at a later date when they might prove useful in negotiations.
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

desert and no rivers near... useless I tell ya...

Comment

Correct me if I have mistaken something, but are those not automatically forts? Did they not get a Temple and Walls each? That means they should be albe to hold against most enemies rather easily, especially once the borders expand.

Voted for keeping them. You need not add any culture, though — it should be there already.
          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Please give some good arguments to keep them. Emotional arguments don't count.
            They're weak, don't grow and need resources to defend.

Comment

agree with emperor, we don't need those cities. Better to throw our legions at big Carthage cities and raise them instead defending those useless ones

Comment

Losing ground is never a good thing. So don't give up terrain. Those are Roman citizens, damnit!

The game is won anyway. We have the cash to rush some Garrisons and a few Legions to protect those cities, and still have it left for other needs.
                Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Any city helps toward domination.

They have free Temples & Walls.

The only city improvment they need is a Baracks. Dirt cheap to rush. No need for workers, the area is corrupt anyway.

So Rush Barracks and Garrrisons/Leg IIIs in all of them.

The ones nearest Egypt could in addition cash rush some HC to use against Egypt.
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Sorry, but several of these cities don't have access to the trade network and therefore can only build spearmen.
                    I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

And rushing of workers on cities without access to trade network, to connect them.

Originally posted by roadcage
                      Sorry, but several of these cities don't have access to the trade network and therefore can only build spearmen.
                      Templar Science Minister
                      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

How does a pop 1 city rush a worker?

answer, by abandoning itself
                        I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

give them to the Goth's?

That could be entertaining
                          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

ok, if all those cities are pop 1, have aprox half of them pop rush a worker (the ones with the least food potiential) abandoning itself so we have workers to connect the other half to the trade network.

Originally posted by roadcage
                            How does a pop 1 city rush a worker?

answer, by abandoning itself
                            Templar Science Minister

Comment

Emperor,

you may not want emotion... but are getting votes
                              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                              X