Roman Law Amendment - Turn Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roman Law Amendment - Turn Speed

Citizens, Senators, former and current Emperors, the grand adventure that be Rome is coming along very well. I believe that it be time that we looked to an amendment to ourt hallowed laws.

-----------------------------------

Currently:

The order of play:

The Initial Save is posted

The Senate gathers and discusses the situation in threads and polls

The Emperor starts a multi-vote poll to give the Senate a last opportunity for guidance before starting his turns

The Emperor then goes on and plays a series of 5 turns

The Emperor then comes back and:
    - start a thread for their reign and in here write up a report (this can be done with assistance of other Senators
    - the save is posted in the Sacred Save thread for everyone to look over
    - pictures, maps etc are posted in their Reign thread

These turn sessions can be interrupted by emergencies that need to be sort by the Consuls and / or the Senate. Thus some sessions would only be the turns until the emergency is declared. Then the Emperor continues until his 5 turn are completed.

The final save is posted

This ends the Emperor’s reign

We then move the reign to the next Senate Family that is listed on The Great Roll.

If that Great Family is not able to take up the Empire, then the Consul’s will invite the next Family on the list to step forward.

Once all names on the list have been exhausted, we start at the top of the list.

Proposed Change in red italics:

The order of play:

The Emperor starts a multi-vote poll and / or chat threads to give the Senate a last opportunity for guidance before starting his turns

The Emperor then goes on and plays a series of up to 5 turns over a period of 1 week. The week starts on the Monday and the final report is to be completed by the following Sunday. This allows the Emperor to focus his time and efforts on a few turns that may be quite complex, or to move through the complete 5 turns. At this time the turns are very involved.

- start a thread for their reign and in here write up a report (this can be done with assistance of other Senators

These turn sessions can be interrupted by emergencies that need to be sort by the Consuls and / or the Senate. Thus some sessions would only be the turns until the emergency is declared. Then the Emperor continues until his week or 5 turn are completed.

The final save is posted

We then move the reign to the next Senate Family that is listed on The Great Roll.

If that Great Family is not able to take up the Empire, then the Consul’s will invite the next Family on the list to step forward.

Once all names on the list have been exhausted, we start at the top of the list.

Yes I agree with the amendment - make it so
    52.94%
    I do not agree with this amendment
    23.53%
    :ana:
    23.53%
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

the game is almost won. We need just someone to finish the job

Comment

ahhh won, well yes a victory be one thing indeed... yet there are still many nations that would smash Rome to the ground in a moments notice

should we really leave them standing?

should not this world be Rome
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Agreed. Emperors MUST play the save in a timely manner!

/me ducks
        So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
        Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

This world needs to be turned totally red before we can truly call it ROMAN !!
          A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

I voted aainst this amendment.

The last 5 Emperors took...
            (basis delta of sacred save posting)
            Mansuro 1 turn in 20 days
            Donegal 5 turns in 12 dys
            roadcage(me) 5 turns in 9 days
            Modo44 5 turns in 7 days
            Aqualung71 5 turns in 11 days

My reign of 9 days consisted of
            1 day analysis
            3 days waiting for polls to age
            5 days of playing at 1 turn per day

Only one (Modo44) met the proposed 7 day cycle

I don't think that I could have done it much faster

For those who played early in the game with a few units, 7 days would have been a piece of cake. Take a look at the current save. 65AD shows 524 units less 60 embedded in Armies plus 89 captured slaves and cats. That's 553 descrete movable units.

I could play faster, but I cannot play well faster.
            I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

The thing is not turn speed. I had those done quite quickly. 2 hours maybe. The difficult part was getting directions from the Senate. With interest on this game a bit lower than it was, polls simply take time to get a useful number of votes in. And if someone (unlike me, at the moment) has a tight schedule, it takes even more time.

That said, I think it is downhill from now on. The core is set on unit production, the lands have mostly enough Workers to improve all we need to, the armies are pushing forward with ease. I think the discussions are less important now, since we have less fronts to fight on. If the next Emperor asks only "Do we attack the Goths?", that would be perfectly fine with me. And quick!

Voted , of course.
              Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

The idea is not to play faster, but to play within 1 week. So if you can get 1 turn done in that week, good. If you can do all five, good. Yes this game may have a victory soon, yet so to we may continue... and thus no reason that 1 player should hold it up when we all understand that the turns are quite large.
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Since the amendment says 7 days AFTER POLLS, I agree. Should it rather mean seven days INCLUDING polls, my vote should change accordingly.

But since it´s 8 vs 2 in favour of the amendment at the time I post this, my vote isn´t relevant either way
                  Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                  Let me eat your yummy brain!
                  "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

7 days total matey

1 week
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

The Emperor starts a multi-vote poll and / or chat threads to give the Senate a last opportunity for guidance before starting his turns

The Emperor then goes on and plays a series of up to 5 turns over a period of 1 week. The week starts on the Monday and the final report is to be completed by the following Sunday. This allows the Emperor to focus his time and efforts on a few turns that may be quite complex, or to move through the complete 5 turns. At this time the turns are very involved.

The Emperor then comes back [...]
                      To my understanding this text says the week will be used for playing the turns, because the polls at that time have already been made and the Senate has already discussed things.

I understand your point, but you will need to clarify the Law text so that even a rush-educated Celtic barbarian will be able to understand it
                      Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                      Let me eat your yummy brain!
                      "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

NO

my work schedule currently is 5 days at 10 hours a day(swing shift).
                        One day by myself, and one day to spend with the wife.

That leaves about 2 hours at night or in the morning to play during the week or most of the day by myself to rush play any games.

Two weeks would be duable

Thank you for your ears
                        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
                          One day by myself, and one day to spend with the wife.
                          That's 2 days to play civ right there!
                          So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                          Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Originally posted by Micha

To my understanding this text says the week will be used for playing the turns, because the polls at that time have already been made and the Senate has already discussed things.

I understand your point, but you will need to clarify the Law text so that even a rush-educated Celtic barbarian will be able to understand it
                            good point matey

so then

Proposed Change in red italics:

The order of play:

The Emperor then goes on and plays a series of up to 5 turns, finishing at the end of 1 week. The week starts on the Monday and the final report is to be completed by the following Sunday. This allows the Emperor to focus his time and efforts on a few turns that may be quite complex, or to move through the complete 5 turns. At this time the turns are very involved.

These turn sessions can be interrupted by emergencies that need to be sort by the Consuls and / or the Senate. Thus some sessions would only be the turns until the emergency is declared. Then the Emperor continues until his week or 5 turn are completed.

The final save is posted

I am of the Horde.

Comment

I had to vote against.

The turns have only gotten more involved since I was Emperor.

You need to say 7 days after the polls. Then I'd agree.

The New Emperor Should get 24 -48 hours to get polls together.

The Senate should have 3 days to vote.

Then seven days for the emperor to play.
                              Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Working...
                              X