Emperor Modo II - Poll 5 - Infrastructure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emperor Modo II - Poll 5 - Infrastructure

The questions are exclusively for very corrupt cities, as our core is alsmost fully built up now.

As stated in my status report, we could use many new Granaries, due to the high population needed to win the scenario. Those would need to be rushed, of course.

This is a multi-choice poll. I need to know, which buildings the Senators find worth rushing. And by "worth rushing" I mean that the cash will be assigned before it is burned on units! Courthouses would be rushed only in cities that have some production.

This poll will also help me choose build queues for those cities.
    Barracks
    11.63%
    Granary
    11.63%
    Aqueduct
    16.28%
    Marketplace
    13.95%
    Courthouse
    18.60%
    Harbor
    18.60%
    Library
    2.33%
    Infirmary
    4.65%
    Church
    2.33%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Modo44; April 3, 2005, 13:19.
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Our war front has moved dramaticly. Barracks in Gaul are no longer that practical. Graneries are very useful as we need to get to work on the 50% population victory point. Markets are great to help keep the people happy. Aquaducts only where it is pracital.

Courthouses sound like a good idea, but our outercities are so corrupt that I think they have little value. Perhaps if a sim could be run to determine which cities would benefit.

All the rest, bah! Well, a harbor only if the city needs the food. I think that they are all connected already and won't need a water trade route.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
      Aquaducts only where it is pracital.
      Of course. There are 3 or 4 candidates at the moment.

Courthouses sound like a good idea, but our outercities are so corrupt that I think they have little value. Perhaps if a sim could be run to determine which cities would benefit.
      I do no sims. I just look for cities that make more than one Shield and only those get Courthouses at all - guaranteed to help at least a bit.

All the rest, bah!
      I agree, but I bet somebody would start complaining, had I not included those.

Well, a harbor only if the city needs the food. I think that they are all connected already and won't need a water trade route.
      Well, food is the general usage of Harbors anyway. They are dirt cheap, as we are Militaristic.

Comment

Voting Baracks, Aquaduct, MP, CH, Harbor, and Infirmary.

Baracks: Should be the very first thing built in new cities and rushed if anywhere near a boarder [including coast]. This allows any units needing to be rushed there to be Vets.

Aquaduct: Rush on cities that are size 6.

Market Places: Rush at size 5+

Court House: Rush at size 3+. The CH should pay for itself at this size. (max 80% corrupiton instead of max 70%)

Harbor: Rush if needed for growth.

Infirmary: Rush at size 12. Athough there's probably none in this cateogory.

Didn't vote for Libaries, but cultural flip risk cities should probably have them rushed.

Didn't vote for Churches, but if we have corrupt cities that need them for happiness reasons or WLTPD ones and the city is big enough, rush as well.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I am surprised Granaries are not the first up there. Remember, we need a much bigger population to win! Of course, we will capture cities, but growth is still the easiest way there.

Comment

Voted for harbor, aqueduct, marketplace and granary. But I agree with Modo and Donegal about courthouses.

No barracks - if we rush merkets, harbors, aqueducts, etc. we will not have the money for units too.

We need to rush only those building which help the city grow as fast as possible to size 12. I don't think infimaries will be useful. Let them stay at 12. If they reach 12 we can build a citizen or worker.

Libraries - NO! We don't need libraries and they will produce nothing in the corrupted cities.

Comment

Ormund, I think the only reason Library was on there was for cultural affects.

We've been at 0% science for quite some time now.
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Yes, you are right about the Library. As far as I can see only Polyroman Carthage needs culture rushed, so I will do that.

Cities that need Churches can usually build them without rushing, but no point leaving that option out.

Comment

There is no need for additional culture in Polyroman Carthage.

to download the flip calculator look here

This thread also has the equations etc and upon viewing, current local culture is not a direct variable.

Local culture is used to determine how many tiles are ai culture influenced. In our instance both impinging AI cities are relatively old. Currently the AI takes several tier 1 tiles from Polyroman Carthage. This will not change until Polyroman Carthage has more culture than the impinging cities. It is doubtful if culture rush will ever change the impinged tile count. Despite this the flip situation is ok.

flip data for Polyroman Carthage
                  basis 15 ad

zero foreigners
                  13 tiles ai culture controlled + 3 other tiles ai occupied
                  ie 16 tiles influenced

number of ai occupied tiles changes every turn but 3 is typical

culture ratio approx 5000 total carthage culture and approx 7000 total rome culture

we have 18 or 20 unit garrison depending on how Army Flag units are counted.

distance ratio approx 1.16 (in our favor)

City status is normal
                  Since we built this city, foreign city culture is "no"

using this data the chances of flipping are ZERO

And 12 garrison is adequate to prevent flip.

Conclusion: Culture rushing in Polyroman Carthage is not advised. Flip status is safe.
                  I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

Your point is noted, Emperor Roadcage.

Originally posted by roadcage
                    Conclusion: Culture rushing in Polyroman Carthage is not advised. Flip status is safe.
                    This, however, is only true if the decision is to sit and defend. This needs a conclusive poll, and that is not the case at the moment. If we capture or raze the two Carthaginian cities, culture will ba a viable improvement for Polyroman Carthage.

Comment

Barracks the only one i care about as we be Rome and will win this by conquest surely
                      A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Barracks and Harbours
                        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

I doubt we will flip any of the larger Mac cities, so no libraries at the front.

I agree with Modo on Granaries to get growth, then long term idea for growth ..infirmary
                          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                          X