Emperor Modo II - Poll 4 - Carthage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emperor Modo II - Poll 4 - Carthage

Carthage was our main enemy for a looong time now. We have kicked them off islands, and out of Spain. We now have a strongly defended fort where the city of Carthago was.

We need to choose the course of action. If we sty on Carthaginian soil, we will need to keep Sardinia heavily populated with units, to draw Carthaginian invasions there (and away from the continent). We have two Armies in Carthago and two Armies on Sardinia. The movement of four Legion Armies and many assorted units depends on this, so make sure you have considered your decision carefully.

EDIT: Could the mods please correct my spelling of the word "heavy" in the poll.

EDIT: If anyone wants to vote for "Sit and defend", please do not use the poll - post in the thread instead.
    Attack and CAPTURE the cities of Sabratha and Oea. (This means leaving heay forces on Sardinia.)
    11.11%
    Attack and RAZE the cities of Sabratha dn Oea. (This means leaving heay forces on Sardinia.)
    44.44%
    Sign peace with Carthage, and gift Polyroman Carthage to some AI (specify which one). (This means sealing off Sardinia and freeing many units for other tasks.)
    22.22%
    Sign peace with Carthage and keep Polyroman Carthage as a fort hoping it will not flip. (This means sealing off Sardinia and freeing many units for other tasks.)
    22.22%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Modo44; April 3, 2005, 13:46.
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

This poll is flawed. The logical option (wait for Hannibal to shoot his wad) is not on the list.

After the eventual counterattacks have been spent, I would pick the "Gift" Strategy.
    Last edited by roadcage; April 3, 2005, 13:20.
    I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

Originally posted by roadcage
      This poll is flawed. The logical option (wait for Hannibal to shoot his wad) is not on the list
      Please elaborate (I am not a native speaker...).

Comment

With two Armys in the theatre, Carthage CANNOT take our cities (the AI just isn't smart enough). Use one to take each city and defend it with said Armies. Leave 9 Legion III in Polyroman Carthage and send two to each city. That would be plenty of units to defend the cities (which would automaticly have walls and Barracks can be rushed). These three cities would make for an excellent launching board against Carthage if the need arrived.
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
          With two Armys in the theatre, Carthage CANNOT take our cities (the AI just isn't smart enough). Use one to take each city and defend it with said Armies. Leave 9 Legion III in Polyroman Carthage and send two to each city. That would be plenty of units to defend the cities (which would automaticly have walls and Barracks can be rushed). These three cities would make for an excellent launching board against Carthage if the need arrived.
          First, cities are not automatically defended by Armies. The AI will not attack Armies in the open, but will attack them in cities. Spread over three cities, that is not so many units anymore.

Second, the flip-risk in that place is extremely high due to the culture the surrounding Carthaginian cities have accumulated so far. That is why razing seems like the better option, if we decide to keep fighting.

Comment

Do nothing till Hannibal counterattacks Polyroman Carthage, then after repulsing same for a few turns, pick from the list in the poll.

My pick would be to peace and "Gift". Just whom to bless with a city is hard to say. Obviously someone not at war with Carthage.

Comment

The current flip risk with huge garrison in Polyroman Carthage is ZERO. The flipcalculator says we need 12 garrison and have 18 or 20 depending on how the Army (leader)s are counted. If we spread them over 3 cities our flip risk will be HUGE.
              Last edited by roadcage; April 3, 2005, 20:12.

Comment

Your vote for "Sit and defend" is noted. If anyone wants to vote for this solution, please post in this thead and do not use the poll itself.

Comment

Voting for raizing the adjoining cities to the ground.
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

didn't voted 'cause don't know for which...

We should capture and raze Sabratha and Oea. The order doesn't matter. If we really expect a strong counter attack we should wait some tunrs until it is repelled. After we capture those two cities we may sign The peace treaty

Comment

manual vote for Attack and RAZE the cities of Sabratha dn Oea

slaves are always good

Comment

Obviously if capturing and keeping the cities dosen't win, Raze them but keep Polyroman Carthage as it will be great to have a city in the area already if the need arises...
                        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Why are we even stil at war with these people ?????????

We captured Spain and the islands long ago and the Senate always advocated peace after these goals!!

Surely we have much more sensible theatres for war closer to home, so make peace and give the city to one of their enemies
                          A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Raze them, then make peace as suggested by CM....but keep the city and garrison it strongly.
                            So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                            Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
                              Why are we even stil at war with these people ?????????

We captured Spain and the islands long ago and the Senate always advocated peace after these goals!!

Surely we have much more sensible theatres for war closer to home, so make peace and give the city to one of their enemies
                              I give support to Senator CM
                              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                              X