Emperor Modo II - Poll 3 - the Macedonians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emperor Modo II - Poll 3 - the Macedonians

We are currently at peace with the Macedonians. We have units on their border, but in my opinion, that is not enough to start a war yet. More units can be brought in. Depending on other decisions, we might be able to pull additional Armies in before attacking.
    YES, counting on reinforcements streaming in quick enough.
    9.09%
    NO, wait until more units are gathered.
    90.91%

The poll is expired.

Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Build up our forces. Attack hard taking the first layer of cities. They will come hard on the counter attack. Weather the storm. After their counter attack, they will be ripe for the picking. It will be just like the SPDGI when we foung off the waves and waves of Persian Archers then mopped up. Worked great there and will work great here. The AI never learns...
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

We don't need to start a war immidiately. We should be prepared and fence off the counter-attack

Comment

Check to see if Macedonia is at peace with all it's neighbors or not. If they are fighting a war, we don't need quite as many HC & Legionary IIIs to start the annexation than we need otherwise.

I don't know enough about how many units are currently in position, so I don't know weather to advice to attack now, wait a couple of turns and then attack, or wait until the next emperor.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
          Check to see if Macedonia is at peace with all it's neighbors or not. If they are fighting a war, we don't need quite as many HC & Legionary IIIs to start the annexation than we need otherwise.
          The Macedonians are at war with the Goths, Scythia, and Egypt.

Originally posted by joncnunn
          I don't know enough about how many units are currently in position, so I don't know weather to advice to attack now, wait a couple of turns and then attack, or wait until the next emperor.
          Read the manual, then.

In short: 3 Armies, many Heavy Cavalry, some other units.

Comment

wait and strengthen the task force
            A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

....and then grind them into the dust
              So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
              Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Originally posted by Aqualung71
                ....and then grind them into the dust
                Judging by the curent vote status (7:1 for waiting), you will have the honour, Emperor.

Comment

Ah, but you may have the pleasure of drawing first blood Emperor
                  So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                  Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

8:1 now just a lttle more patience

Any chance they will counter by sea?
                    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Sure, of course there is; but it was my experience that the AI travels around with large numbers of boats and just 1 or two units to land total. Our islands are well defended, as is our core with several well placed units.
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
                        Any chance they will counter by sea?
                        Yes, they have many, Many, MANY Galleys in the water. I have no clue where they will try to land, though.

Comment

Patience is the key
                          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                          X