Emperor Modo II - Poll 1 - the Celts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emperor Modo II - Poll 1 - the Celts

Simple question: Do we continue fighting the Celts in England?

We can keep chewing them up with ease even with zero reinforcements.

If we sign peace now, we get two crap cities and just over 350 Gold.
    YES
    91.67%
    NO
    8.33%

The poll is expired.

Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

No peace without FURS
    I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

Minimal of Furs.

But the question will remain: why stop there? They will put up virtually no resistance and if we destroy them completely then we don't have to worry about them even becoming a nusiance.
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

The question where to stop is not for this Emperor to face. Even with all units shipped from the Goth border, we can only move so fast. I am not even sure I will reach the Furs in my 5 turns reign.

Comment

Keep taking Celtic cities. We don't need another hostile neighbour in our backs

Comment

Keep fighting the Celts until they are willing to surrender all remaining cities in England. (And any oortion of Wales and Scotland on the map as well) Exile them to Ireland!
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Might as well, as long as it doesn't divert too many troops from the real threat of Macedonia.
              So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
              Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Originally posted by Aqualung71
                Might as well, as long as it doesn't divert too many troops from the real threat of Macedonia.
                The Celts are dead, no matter the reinforcements. The only difference is how fast it will happen. If we decide to leave the Goths alone for now, some units will be available for England, making our campaign go faster.

Comment

Hmmm yes get the Furs at least but be mindful of the Goths, dont leave that border unguarded. Remember the Scythians!!!
                  A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

WOW 90%, is their any doubt

Death to the Celts and quickly
                    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I intereteted the poll as what to do this reign. I believe that most of the responders did also. We might be able to capture the Furs this term but I doubt it. As a practical matter the Brittania campaign is limited by logistical considerations.

In Gaul we had a wide front with multiple resupply corridors. Hence we could take a layer from the onion about every two turns. And each layer was 4 or so cities. In Brittania we have a narrow front or one city per layer, and a resupply choke point namely the SPQRS Channel Princess Ferry capacity. Since fresh troops cannot be forwarded faster than Ferry capacity, there will have to be some healing delay.

So we can easily eliminate the Celts, but it will not come quickly.
                      I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

Working...
                      X