The Reign of Roadamus Caesar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Reign of Roadamus Caesar

Donegalus Caesar is dead. Long live Roadamus Caesar!

Play will commence tomorrow morning Oz time. I expect to post 5 BC results in this thread that evening. I expect to complete 1 turn each day and post results each night.

Consistent with the real time hisorical record, the reign of Donegalus Caesar, marked the end of the Republic.

You may comment here if you wish, but be advised that the rule of Emperors is absolute, and the role of the Senate is advisory only.

Objectives for the next 5 turns:
    [list=1][*]Peace in Gaul. This does not mean peace with the Celts. Rather that all of Gaul will be free of Celtic influence.[*]Mobilization for the Britannic campaign. More Roman land units in Britannia than total Celtic land units. Units positioned for the next Emperor to begin the assault. [*]Pushing the Goth border. Establishing cultural contact across Germanica and the Low Lands. If we are lucky, there will be an incident. [*]Begin buildup of force on the Macedonian border. Hopefully without incident. [*]Transportation assets for our major islands. [*]Continue harrassment in Africa[*]Infill cities and infrastructure in Ispania[*]Grow the cash flow to over 800 gpt[/list=1]

/Emperial Seal/
    I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Though I welcome the new Emporer to his duties and look with excitement to the future I must warn the Emporer, to not abuse the Senate so cheaply !!!

The Senate is there to advise and counsel the Emporer yes!! and the Emporer has the power to make in game decisions and micromanagement yes!! but the Emporers rule is not ABSOLUTE!!!

The Maximus family will indeed assist in the manufacture of a suitable wooden cross should the new Emporer truly wish to absolutely challenge the power of the Senate!!
    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Re: The Reign of Roadamus Caesar

Originally posted by roadcage
      Donegalus Caesar is dead. Long live Roadamus Caesar!

Play will commence tomorrow morning Oz time. I expect to post 5 BC results in this thread that evening. I expect to complete 1 turn each day and post results each night.

Consistent with the real time hisorical record, the reign of Donegalus Caesar, marked the end of the Republic.

You may comment here if you wish, but be advised that the rule of Emperors is absolute, and the role of the Senate is advisory only.

Objectives for the next 5 turns:
      [list=1][*]Peace in Gaul. This does not mean peace with the Celts. Rather that all of Gaul will be free of Celtic influence.[*]Mobilization for the Britannic campaign. More Roman land units in Britannia than total Celtic land units. Units positioned for the next Emperor to begin the assault. [*]Pushing the Goth border. Establishing cultural contact across Germanica and the Low Lands. If we are lucky, there will be an incident. [*]Begin buildup of force on the Macedonian border. Hopefully without incident. [*]Transportation assets for our major islands. [*]Continue harrassment in Africa[*]Infill cities and infrastructure in Ispania[*]Grow the cash flow to over 800 gpt[/list=1]

/Emperial Seal/

/me raises his head from a map

yes yes I see we are back to this old issue again

/me stands and addresses the Emperor and the Senate

Emperor, you would do well to heed Senator Maximus's words....

Rome has had to face such issues before and they are all very very time consuming...

Emperor Roadamus, have you fully aquainted yourself with The Grand Book of Rome - Our Law. This book clearly allows for most situations and defines your role.

If you feel your role to be absolute, know this now, you will meet the carpenter quick smart.

So Emperor, I urge you to hit the books, learn your responsibilities and do your job.

It is the hope of this Hall, of this City, yes of this Empire that you will do you job with great distinction, and that your name will be sung throughout the lands for many a generation.

Emperor, I may be an elder man in an older style robes to you, but I have been here some time now, and would encourage you to choose your challenges for the great fields of glory to our north and east.
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

10 BC ending

Corsica Flooded

Crete Flooded and new City

World map trading net approx 320 gold
        More unit rushes to consume same

final stat 100% tax, 1010 treasury 770 gpt cash flow

tween turns

empty unnamed galley 9 from PolyRoman Carthage sunk by Carthaginian galley.

lots of boat moves

macedonia requests rop
        said no way

/Emperial Seal/

Comment

5 BC

opening map trading
          since Alex chatted tween turns, it was possible to trade maps (with him only) again
          got 2 gold tween turns.

Also got 16 gold net before any worker actions
          Finally 44 gold from worker actions

Total map trading this turn 62 gold

milprep for northern front

Brittany

The Channel

Sardinia and Sicily def bonus tiles flodded

4 from Polyroman Carthage pillaged

Padua set to 1 turn worker pump
          stuck at 12, huge food surplus now wasted
          These will be used to grow core cities, initially Roma

Note: every Roma sea tile worked is 5 gpt

Final disposition 100% tax 1115 treasury 774 gpt

/Emperial Seal/
          Last edited by roadcage; March 28, 2005, 20:17.

Comment

I wasn't sure about founding a new city on Crete. I know we had the citizen, but I was worried about flipping because it will never control all 20 tiles and anything gained would probably be lost to corruption anyway.

I was also planning on flooding Corsica (all of the islands actually), but someone had mentioned that if the islands were invinciable, that would mean that the boot could/would get attacked. I would much rather keep a skeletal defensive force in the boot (like was present) and leave the islands open to attack than to Force the AI to attack the boot itself. Use the islands as a diversionary tactic similar to leaving undefended workers lying around (which drew about 10-16 defenders out of their cities that I was going to attack during my term).
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

That City on Crete is size 1 pop tax collector.

Produces 3 gpt less 1 gpt maintenance for a net 2 gpt.

Comment

Cities that are within other friendly cities cultural raidus have extra protection against flips.
                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                Templar Science Minister
                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

1 AD

Carthage moves lots of boats. Looks like will land on Sardinia next turn.
                  (great! Several Elite Legions are anxious to greet them)

Celts
                  Archer from Samarobriva attacks HC (retreats)
                  Gallic Swordsman from Bratuspantium kills retreated HC

not much else tween turns

We attack 4 Celtic Cities

I present Roman Gaul for your enjoyment.

See the Legionary Army and 3 HC's located 2 from last Celtic City. Unfortunately,there are 9 Teutonic warriors located 3 from that city.

Map trading yields 90 gold this turn.

final stat 100% tax, 1061 treasury 771 gpt cash flow

/Emperial Seal/
                  Last edited by roadcage; March 29, 2005, 18:07.

Comment

Looks like the Celts are becoming history. Hail to the Emperor!
                    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Templar Science Minister
                      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Roman Gaul free at last from the Celtic oppressors.
                        Thank the banana
                        Neo Voxian and
                        President and founder of the Apolyton Yact Club.

Comment

5 AD

Tween turns
                          Carth didn't land on Sardinia, but The Celts position 3 boats

Carth places lone NM on hill 1 from Polyroman Carthage
                          Goths capture Amagetobria (as expected)

in turn

Kill the NM with a vet losing 4 hp
                          Cover with elite and Fort.

Sicily is flooded with 4 Legions going south

City founded in Normandy more or less where Cherborg is today
                          Southern Terminus of Channel Ferry founded as Calais.
                          Northern Terminus of Channel Ferry renamed Dovinium since that's where it is!
                          FC's damage 2 Carth Galleys hanging around The Channel Ferry.
                          Channel Princess makes maiden voyage bringing units to Dovinium

Celtic convert Citizen in place to Found "Left Bank" next turn

Many units including 1 HC and 2 LIII Armies en route to Macedonian Front

Legions remaining in Gaul, position for roadwork awaiting action

Map trading yields 64 gold.

Final situation 0% lux, 1073 treasury, 770 gpt cash flow

/Emperial Seal/
                          Last edited by roadcage; March 30, 2005, 19:29.

Comment

And what's our current victory status?
                            Templar Science Minister

Comment

5 AD

Area 17% vs Persia 11%
                              Pop 27% vs Persia 21%
                              Score 5851 vs Persia 7709

Comment

Working...
                              X