Celtic disposition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celtic disposition

The Celts will be off the continent during this administration. When should we stop hostilities?

Final disposition will take place during the next administration, but enabling actions
    [list=1][*]Founding the southern terminal for the channel ferry[*]building a ferry boat (galley)[*]roadwork providing access to the southern terminus[/list=1]

need to be executed this term if cross channel hostilities are expected. Brittanica would be corrupt, but contains the easiest source of Furs from this point forward.

Senators, please indicate your pleasure

Roadamus

edit added comment about furs
    Extermination
    8.33%
    Chase to the Emerald Isle
    75.00%
    Let them keep Brittanica
    16.67%
    Let them have bananas
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by roadcage; March 25, 2005, 05:40.
    I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Hmm... I did not realize they had furs.

Take it.

However, I must state again state, that once the Celtic capital is on the island, they may have access to an iron supply via trade.

Also, if we make peace with the Celts, then who are we going to fight? The Goths? Thats a great idea, but only if we get them to declare war on us. Because of our multiple Wine trades (I have no idea how that happened), I don't want our rep to take a hit.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Exile the Celts to the Emerald island and take all their bananas!

If Celts don't have anything to offer, the AI won't trade them Iron.
      I doubt the Celts will have anywhere near enough cash to get Iron once they are down to that few cities.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

We just about have enough land area to win, but are kind of behind in population, so we could wait for the first of all deals with Macedonia or the Gauls to expire before attacking if we exile the Celts before then.

The Macedonia cities are probably larger than the Gaul ones anyway, and they have built several GWs that are rightfully ours!
        Last edited by joncnunn; March 25, 2005, 17:55.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

long term we should target the Macedons next, there cities are very ripe for the picking and very close

I agree we should continue to press against the Celts in Briton at least to secure the Furs
          A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

keep them small and insignificant

joncnunn: The Macedonia cities are probably larger than the Gaul ones anyway, and they have been several GWs that are rightfully ours!

You have my support
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Exile them to the emerald isle! Take Brittanica fur! My tunic is wearing thin and thin spring is terribly cold.

Who's next? Sounds like Macedonia has a few cities to 'offer' us. We are going for a win. But there is no love lost with the Goths.

Instead of the Afrika Corps build a Euro Corps. Apply that planning and energy to our own lands first.
              Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

yes indeed, clean out the Celts... then them peskie Greek types
                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Exterminate Celts. They have cities only on Britania and on the continent. It should not be that hard to destroy them

Comment

They have several Galleys in the area and will most likely make a setler dash for the emerld isle towards the end of the Britannia campaign.
                    I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

let them have Ireland they will never be a threat to us again
                      A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
                        let them have Ireland they will never be a threat to us again
                        hehe sounds like History repeating itself here
                        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                        X