Emperor Don's Peace Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emperor Don's Peace Plan

Yes, I am a warmonger. But peace has its time and place to be of an advantage. I see this advantage in two Key areas (three, but that farther along than my term will last).

1) The Scythians. We do not have any treaties holding us to this fight. We do not have an exceedingly strong military presence their. But the offensive forces we do have there would do wonders on the Celtic front. I have checked, and the Scythians are will to make peace with us for 20 gold. I would not remove the Legions from the area (on the contrary, I would use them to protect Polyroman Citizens that I would move to settle the area), but most of the Heavy Cavalry would get moved to fight the Celts.

2) The Persians. Yes, they are our most dangerous enemy. They hold 11% of the land and 22% of the population. They are at war with everyone except Carthage and the Celts. We do not have any forces within striking distance of them and we do have an Island that would (and already has) be susceptable to an attack. The only thing that would hold me back from making peace with them is that we have 3 turns left to an alliance against them with Egypt (who seems to be doing remarkable well so far). So I am asking to make peace with them in 3 turns (chances are I will make another poll about this at that time).

3) Carthage, our eternal enemy, has no legitimate way of atting us except through the sea. Conversely, we have to way to attack them except by the same means. I would like to see us make peace with them so we could sail some citizens to settle the western coast and the wide open sahara. Yes they would be usless cities, but it would help with the 20% of the land that we need to win. However, there is a treaty between un and Egypt for 8 more turns (well beyond my term).

What say you?
    Scythians: :love: Yea! Let us prosper with them as friends (for now)! (will cost 20 gold)
    7.41%
    Scythians: :mad: Nay! They are barbarians and must be destroyed!
    14.81%
    Scythians: :ana: Shoot bananas at them and hope they slip on the peels later!
    11.11%
    Persia: :love: Friends in three turns (targets in twenty-three).
    22.22%
    Persia: :mad: They are the next closest to victory! Keep them dying against us!
    7.41%
    Persia: :ana: Do persian like bananas?
    3.70%
    Carthage: :love: Lets see what the have to say (in 12 TURNS you idiot!!).
    11.11%
    Carthage: :mad: Kill'em all, let Jupitor sort it out (in 12 TURNS you idiot!!).
    11.11%
    Carthage: :ana: Just vote banana once (in 12 TURNS you idiot!!).
    11.11%

The poll is expired.

Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

I rather not pay gold for Scythians for peace. They have previously redeclared prior to 20 turns being up.

Maybe we should sell a copy of the worlds map in exchange for peace (at the 20 gold discount) instead.

Yes, do not invade the Carthigans. Just be prepared to beat off any landings in Spain, Corsica, Sardina, Silicy, and the boot.

The war with Persia is pointless at this time. Just keep them from landing near Wine to Dye For.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Much, much easier to cease lands from the Celts and Gauls first.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

We have agreements against Carthage with some other nations. This was done against the will of the Senate but it was already a fact. So, the Senate decided to wait until the agreements expire and sign a peace treaty with Carthage.
        They will pay something, of course.

I dunno about Scythians but I don't think we need to make war with Persia. We will just outsettle/conquer them. There is plenty of room for us.

Comment

Liberate Gaul, then leaderfarm the Goths.

The Goths produce 4 1 1 Teuts instead of spearmen.
          No defense, cheap to produce, and continually march into the fray. They are the the greatest leaderfarm civ ever.

Once the teut swarm has subsided, liberate Germanica. Germanica is extremely lush. A good mix of grass, forests, and hills with lots of bonus tiles. We can grow lots of pop there.

Then take multiple Armies against whomever you like.
          Last edited by roadcage; March 14, 2005, 15:50.
          I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

Ah, misvoted... Take one vote away from 'War with Scythia' and add a vote for peace with them. Better to concentrate our efforts on the Gaul front.
            Join a Democracy Game today!
            | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

Working...
            X