Emperor Don's Worker Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emperor Don's Worker Plan

It seems that many of our distant cities are endlessly corrupt from greedy personal Governers! I would like to send out my loyal Polyroman SS to dispose of these worthless imbiciles and allow the people to eat as much food as they can!!!

Ok, what this means is that there are alot of cities that have governors turned on in cities that only produce 1 shield and 2 gold (example: Saldae has a pop of 7 and has all kinds of land around it that could be irrigated instead of mined. As an endlessly corrupt city, we could turn the extra population into taxmen and get an uncorruptible 2 gold for ever 2 extra food. This is just one example of how we could squeeze more out of these corrupt cities.)

What do you say? Irrigate like mad (instead of mining hills and grassland that would just be lost to corruption anyway?) or nay?!

Please cite examples an opinions where you feel this would not work.
    Yea! All praise Emperor Don!
    71.43%
    Nay! Emperor Don is only trying to replace these gonernors with his own puppets!
    14.29%
    :ana: Plant banana farms EVERYWHERE!!!!!
    14.29%

The poll is expired.

Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

I strongly agree with firing all the governors. I shall not name which emperor hired them, but it's in the records.

I agree that we should get cities to size 7 as fast as possible. But after size 7, they can produce a few net shields with enough mined hills / mountains / grassland. Each shield is 4 less gold per turn when something is rushed there.

Oh, I don't believe the +2 commerce bonsus is non-corruptable. It shows up on the city tile.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Also, making taxmen could produce WLTKD and make one or two more shield useful.

for irrigating every possible tile. When all tiles are irrigated the workers can make some mines on the hills and mountains - just to keep them busy and not think about revolutions and such

Comment

Espania should be managed for rapid pop growth, as should Gaul once wicked Celts are liquidated.

The problem lies not with the Governors. The current Governor settings are manage mood only. While maximize food is not specified, the Governor's will do this unless instructed otherwise.

What is needed is better land development making food available for the Governors to manage.

And managing mood tends to minimize rebellions.
        Last edited by roadcage; March 11, 2005, 18:02.
        I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

Our current emperor like me is a micromanger of cities who checks every city at the end of turn to ensure there are no cities about to go into disorder.

His action does not preclude the next emperor who is not a micromanager from rehiring governors.

Actually, there are a few cases that the AI governor would actually not set to max food even with food emphasis.

(If it's possible to get a 4+fpt, the AI will generally not choose that layout and will instead go for a mix of shields and food)

Originally posted by roadcage
          Espania should be managed for rapid pop growth, as should Gaul once wicked Celts are liquidated.

The problem lies not with the Governors. The current Governor settings are manage mood only. While maximize food is not specified, the Governor's will do this unless instructed otherwise.

What is needed is better land development making food available for the Governors to manage.

And managing mood tends to minimize rebellions.
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
            I strongly agree with firing all the governors. I shall not name which emperor hired them, but it's in the records.
            I've obviously missed something......but I find it hard to accept that somebody would turn on city governors in a succession game like this!

Oh, I don't believe the +2 commerce bonsus is non-corruptable. It shows up on the city tile.
            Yes it is. +2gpt, always
            Last edited by Aqualung71; March 21, 2005, 04:30.
            So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
            Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Working...
            X