Pantheon to the God of War Mars!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pantheon to the God of War Mars!!!

It is my Honour to present to the peolpe of Rome this new shiny temple a Pantheon to the God of War Mars!!!

Patron god of the Maximus line.

Please feel free to come and leave your offerings and pray that we will be victorious in the fields of battle!!!
    Attached Files
    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Slur the past and set up your own religion! And I'm the one being grilled in the Senate?!?!!?!?! I feel it is my duty to do the following in this hallowed hall of this minor god that you call, Mars.

Gentleman...
    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

/me entering the Senate and looking on at the desecration of Senators Micha and Skorbism

oh indeed

/me walks out side and confronts the two drunken Senators

you come into the Temple of Mars, our mighty God of War and you act like this

shame indeed

act the fool at the pub

I may be old and not of my former strength, but I want to whip the two of you across the Rubicon and back

show some respect, if not for yourself, at least for those who are believers, and they would be the people whom you are representing as Senators

I must say this is the behaviour of those that would see our mighty empire crumble. Do you see people treat you in such away?

I think not!!!

so run a long young Senators and grow up a little

play hard indeed, and party harder, but there is a time and a place for that

/me turning with reverance towards the Temple...

this be a hall of worship

a hall where I can worship Mars as he guides the spirit of my fallen sons

my sons who served Rome so well...

/me turning back on Senators Micha and Skrobism

You show respect now lads, for Rome, ok
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

No more bananas?

Dam heathen
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

* Jagjef enters this sacred place dragging a donkey after him

Oh, this will make a god sacrifice.

* Jagjef takes hails the Highpriest of MARS

Priest, sacrifice this son of a B*tch, his name is George.

* the High Priest of Mars raises his sacred knife

In whos name should I sacrifice this animal

* The young priestesses choir

Mars
          Mars
          Our feared Mars
          Mars who rules the war
          Mars who drinks blood as water

* The high priest swiftly cuts the gut of the animal, and starts speaking with an goodly voice.

I see in this that our legions shall pervail, our Armies shall destroy our enemies, and I see that the wind shall fills our sails.

* The young priestesses choir

Mars has spoken
          Death to our enemies
          Mars
          Mars
          Mars
          Neo Voxian and
          President and founder of the Apolyton Yact Club.

Comment

Well done Jagjef, well done indeed
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

The Temple of Marti Silvani (Mars Silvanus)

The exhaulted Emperor ChrisiusMaximus declared:

It is my Honour to present to the people of Rome this new shiny temple a Pantheon to the God of War Mars!!!

Patron god of the Maximus line.

Please feel free to come and leave your offerings and pray that we will be victorious in the fields of battle!!!
              Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

I offer to Mars Silvanus in these jars the finest wheat, bacon fat, meat, and wine for continued protection of our fields and men in arms.

Comment

For more on this most Roman of dieties look here:

Mars, God of war, was originally an agricultural God whose character changed with that of His people. For this reason, he is the most Roman of the Gods, representing the abundance of the fields, and the battles that must be won to keep and enlarge the provinces that kept Rome fed and thriving. His priests were dancing warriors, the Salii, who sang their war-songs in the streets during his festivals. His sacred spears and 12 shields were kept in his temple on the Palatine Hill. But Mars has many aspects, attributes, names and epithets...

Comment

Quisquis est deus, veneror ut nos ex hac acrumna eximat
                    (Whoever this god be, I entreat that we be rescued from this wretchedness)

If the thread was titled "Temple of Mars" I wouldn't have done my banana dance, but he called for the end of the Almighty Banana. To make up for my transgression I have restarted the thread. Please visit the newly started thread to properly honor Mars.

I hope that this pleases the Emperor, Rome and Mars.

Comment

Great God Mars

I offer this sacrifice to you in honour of your Glory.

May you watch over our Legions and guide the hands and minds of our Generals.

For the Glory of that which is Rome
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Great God Mars

I offer this sacrifice to you in honour of your Glory.

May you watch over our Legions and guide the hands and minds of our Generals.

A new Emperor has taken the sacred seat in Rome. We have lived through some very dark years. I ask that you be with Emperor Roadamus the Cagey throughout these coming years.

For the Glory of that which is Rome
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

I am relieved to say that the Temple of Mars was undamaged in the recent earthquake. No doubt a sign of his powers.

Betamus walks softly up the steps and leaves a fine bottle of wine for the almighty. He whispers a prayer...

"Protect all that is Rome. For the Glory of that which is Rome. This I ask."
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Indeed we be blessed, and Rome be blessed

Thanks be to the Gods that lives and families are being restored and Rome is being rebuilt

May our Emperors never loose faith

May our people forever know thy thruth
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                            X