What now Carthage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What now Carthage

Although we are now allied against this nation with so many of our friends, do we honour these pacts or stay true to the original wish of the Senate;

To complete the annexation of Spain and capture Caralis and seek a peace resolution when these goals are met.

any peace with them now will seriously damage relations with the Macedonians.

If I can complete the first two parts of this mission should I as your Emporer seek a Peace treaty ?
    Yes stick to the original plan.
    57.14%
    No we cannot risk war with Macedonia at this time
    42.86%
    Last edited by ChrisiusMaximus; February 6, 2005, 10:18.
    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Sadly, I think we should break the alliances. This will hurt our reputation, but we can't be bothered to keep fighting Carthage, after our main goals are reached. Let them kick others around.
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

I don't think you'll achieve this in your reign. Even if you do, leave it to the next emperor. Turn earlier or later doesn't matter.

Hopefully the things here will calm down and we will be able to analyze the situation better.

Comment

Well, so we´re locked in a war with Carthage. That´s not quite optimal, but there are worse things than that.

After the next glorious Emperor has captured AND SECURED Sardinia, we might talk again about committing to the alliances. But I doubt that will happen within 5 turns.

We need a navy! Then there´s nothing to worry about warring Carthage for another, let´s say, ten turns. Maybe we´ll get another army from the skirmishes?

I say we keep fighting the swines in Africa!
        Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
        Let me eat your yummy brain!
        "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Originally posted by Micha
          We need a navy! Then there´s nothing to worry about warring Carthage for another, let´s say, ten turns. Maybe we´ll get another army from the skirmishes?
          No, we don't. It's cheaper to fight Carthaginian units on land, where our units are superior. Basically, our Legions and Heavy Cavalry survive engagements much easier, than our Galleys. MUCH easier.

Originally posted by Micha I say we keep fighting the swines in Africa!
          We don't have any useful way of landing there. Walking over is not an option either, with Macedonia, Persia, and Egypt sitting where they sit.

Comment

We don't have any useful way of landing there.
            Which is exactly why I think we need a navy...

Anyway, I didn´t mean we invade their mainland. I meant they are "swines in africa" (better "from africa") and we should keep fighting them.
            Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
            Let me eat your yummy brain!
            "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Originally posted by Micha
              Which is exactly why I think we need a navy...
              We'd need 20 Galleys to start with, with constant reinforcements streaming in, due to excessive losses. I'm sorry, but I'd have to be out of my mind to support this. We should really have a VETO feature.

Comment

This poll is not about a Navy please stick to the topic!!
                A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

I say keep warring with Carthage, even though I pointed out that we'd need to have this discussion. ie. It's worth talking about but I am in favor of continuing the Carthage war. Macedonia is occupying Carthaginian ships with their own.

I had two chances at piece with Carthage and rejected them because:
                  1 - We had not won Spain yet.
                  2 - The islands are not yet ours.
                  3 - We are allied against them (although I am not concerned about our rep.) The alliance is working for us now.

BTW we do need a navy. How else do we get to the Islands?
                  Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

We need peace with Carthage. It is the Macedonians who are swine, not the Carthaginians.

Comment

And an Emperor is supposed to keep the Senate happy? On my turn the Senate cried for continued war with Carthage and Peace with Macedonia.
                      Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Well I for one, advised making peace with Carthage many years ago. So I guess you know my vote
                        So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                        Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Yes you did Senator Aqualung71, and for well thought out reasons too. I was speaking of the Senate as a body.

Comment

I am not worried about our reputation with the other nations, but can we risk an angry war with the Macedonians now for a luke warm peace with Carthage. Macedonia is fighting our war with Persia and Carthage.

Comment

Continue the war with Carthage, but do NOT invade North Africa.

After we secure Spain from Carthage start downsizing the Celts.
                              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                              Templar Science Minister
                              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                              X