Our Bank Balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Bank Balance

We currently have around 1500 gold in the bank at the end of Emporer Skrobism rule.

I am here today fellow Senators to seek the Senates blessing to use all this cash to rush build troops.

I am fully aware of the arguments against this, however please take a look at the State of The Empire

Please also take a good look at the save in the sacred save to be fully informed on your voting here today.

We are currently at war with four nations but we have many Scythian riders running amok in our lands and the Celts are massing to strike deep into our heart.

We desperately need more units in the Alps and balcans, I would like to recapture our recent losses to the Scythians but this will require troops and that will cost money!!

I know of the arguments put forward by the Bankers about interest and so on but shall we save our coffers and use the cash to pay off the Barbarians when they are standing at the gates of ROME!!!

We are in a crisis my fellow Senators, a crisis we can recover form with the right investments, all I ask of the Senate is that you empower me to HIT BACK as hard as I can!!!

I am sure future Emporers will again restore the coffers of Rome whence this state of affairs is passed by.
    YES we must strike back hard
    81.25%
    NO lets just sit and watch our empire crumble at least we will have enough money for wine
    18.75%
    Last edited by ChrisiusMaximus; February 6, 2005, 10:17.
    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Olbia can rush a Legion for 136 Gold and Wines can do so for 140 Gold before I end the turn !!
    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Spend the cash
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Always rush units leaving the 1000 Gold reserve. 50 Gold each turn means a rushed Legion more every 3 turns. NOT wine, Emperor. Really, spending it all won't save cities, where reinforcements can't come in time anyway.

We are making 600gpt at the moment, allowing at least 4 unit rushes every turn. This assumes, of course, that cities with 1-turn prebuilds are used. It means, that we can get quick reinforcements anywhere on the continent, even if 2 rushes per turn are used to reinforce hot spots where units can't be transported easily. We should be ok with this.
        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

agree with seantor Modo. It's good to have him around

Modo, don't you want to replace Paddy?

Comment

Originally posted by ormuzd
            Modo, don't you want to replace Paddy?
            No. Commenting is a lot less time-consuming, than actually doing things. I don't have that much time.

Comment

I agree with Senator Modo. Spend anything beyond 1000g. Should there be a very critical situation at a certain spot where rushing a unit will save the day while not doing so wouldn´t, you can of course take from the reserves. They are not sacred, just *very* useful.
              Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
              Let me eat your yummy brain!
              "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Look at what the current goings-on at the Senate have caused. I thought that the Emperor would not be ham-strung and micromanaged by the Senate. But, ChrisiusMaximus seems compeled to to ask for money lest he be brought up on charges.

Spend the money. I did. We are bringing 600+ per turn. My mistake is that I did not spend enough. We have war on all fronts. Spend spend spend.
                Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

We cannot force the Emperor to do anything, and we won't. But he himself asked for advice, didn't he?

Comment

We must spend the money to make sure the Glorious Roman Empire continues to live and thrive!

Comment

It's not that bad IMO. That's why I suggested to not spend more than 500 (we have 1500-1600 gold now)

Comment

I think I've seen suggestions to keep 1000 in the bank. If that is agreed on then spend about 600 per turn. We have the gold. Spend it.
                        Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

I think the purpose of this thread is to ask whether he might spend the entire treasury.

This is why some Senators (including me) didn´t vote for yes.

If he spent all money now, he´d get 50g less next turn, and it would take at least two turns of no spendings at all to get back to the current income.
                          If he was to keep these 1000g as an interests generating fond, we will enjoy the advantages of the entire 600+ net income each turn.

Of course this is not crucial to our Republic, but, as some others already pointed out, it is doubtful whether rushing more units than usual will actually prevent cities from falling.
                          Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                          Let me eat your yummy brain!
                          "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Spend it all. I interpreted the poll question as such, and I agree with it. 50 gpt is less than 10% of our current gpt quantity, and as micha so aptly pointed out we can regain it in 2 turns if we desire.

We need military strength *now*, not later. If the returns from using the 1000 gp are greater than 50 gp in value to us, then we should do it without thinking twice; and defending even one roman city that we otherwise would lose, is worth 50 gp to me every time.

Losing less than 10% of our income does not hamstring us in any way, and saving our cities from the rampaging Scythian riders et al. will be worth it in the short AND the long run. Heck, we could save 50gpt worth of cities pretty easily ...

Build even amounts of Legion3's and Heavy Cavs. We need the extra moves Cavalry give us, to go up against the riders, and the riders are weak enough on defense that the extra OP doesn't matter much. And heavy cavs are a bit cheaper, so you get more for your money.
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Which is why I voted for YES... and did the same in my turn.

Comment

Working...
                              X