205 BC - the questions to the senators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Modo44
    The Emperor cannot just say "Bah, I do it my way".
    Pardon me, but the Emperor can say that. He has exactly that right, as he is the Emperor. This precedent has already been established, and the Senate backed one of the earlier Emperors who was brave enough to show leadership in this regard.
    So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
    Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Originally posted by Aqualung71

Pardon me, but the Emperor can say that. He has exactly that right, as he is the Emperor. This precedent has already been established, and the Senate backed one of the earlier Emperors who was brave enough to show leadership in this regard.
      (we can also dig up dirt on the emperor or even snow him under with so-called "official duties" ) Yes yes indeed well, we have some independant thinkers here do we?

(is this a dictatorship or democracy game all? )

ok.then it is settled..we can all work together, now can we?

Grampius Trollius
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Aqualung71
        Yes, but only because the majority agreed on that move, after it was made. I was referring to a situation, when an Emperor would just do whatever he pleases without explanation.
        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Yes, but only because the majority agreed on that move, after it was made. I was referring to a situation, when an Emperor would just do whatever he pleases without explanation.
          ok in that particular situation..but whats to say an Emperor wont see it "our" way and decide to go "HIS" way?

I say..we need more Senatorial Veto Power..

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
            ok in that particular situation..but whats to say an Emperor wont see it "our" way and decide to go "HIS" way?
            We have good carpenters in Roma. They make nice big crosses for such occasions.

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
            I say..we need more Senatorial Veto Power..
            The Emperor makes polls, and asks question, and in general, all rulers have followed the Senate's will. If the polls are clear, why a need to Veto things? That could very well stall any decisions of the Senate, and of the Emperor.

IF you have a concern, then speak up, and it will be heard. It always has been in this place, so please, don't worry Senator.

[EDIT: I think a part of this discussion should be on the Senate Floor, not here. ]
            Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

We have good carpenters in Roma. They make nice big crosses for such occasions.

The Emperor makes polls, and asks question, and in general, all rulers have followed the Senate's will. If the polls are clear, why a need to Veto things? That could very well stall any decisions of the Senate, and of the Emperor.

IF you have a concern, then speak up, and it will be heard. It always has been in this place, so please, don't worry Senator.

[EDIT: I think a part of this discussion should be on the Senate Floor, not here. ]
              indeed it should be
              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

hmm..I am a Senator with a long History of getting my way..I will go to the senate floor..and he can build me a niuce temple with carpeneters..and spell VETO on the entrance way

Ok..Senate Floor it is

Comment

ahh a mumbler indeed
                  Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                    ahh a mumbler indeed

and a grumbler, gambler and grape lover

Comment