• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximus Meadae 275-250 BC - Wonders

[COLOR=blue] Wonders
    Current situation:
    Macedonia: Colossus, Mausoleum of Mausollos, Lighthouse, Oracle
    Rome: Temple of Artemis, Hadrian’s Wall

It has been proposed by senator Modo44, to investigate the cities of Alexandria, Athens and Carthago Novo for their proceedings on the Great Library in respect to our chances to build the Great Library in Rome in 6 turns. The Roman treasure is well filled with 2675 gold and would therefore hardly notice the costs of such an investigation and it would certainly not interfere with our Legions training program. Senator Modo44 furthermore proposed to evaluate building the Bacchanalia (produces 3 happy faces in every city, requires philosophy, silks and spices). Senator Joncnunn’s first thoughts, as he admitted before he had had an opportunity to have an in dept look at the opportunities, were a hesitant. None of the requirements are yet fulfilled. Senator Conius added that the Bacchanalia was the only wonder he thought should seriously be considered.

The Celts have claimed the closest source of spice and conquering or razing and founding a new city won’t be too difficult for a few Legion III’s or an army. The closest available source of silk is 6999999999 from Conopolis , already connected by road and can therefore be claimed within a few turns. Research on Philosophy has started and will take 4-5 more turns.

Acknowleding these arguments and facts, I, Maximus Meadae, next to lead Rome to its glory, call for a vote on the issues of what great wonder(s) to build[/COLOR=blue]
    Attached Files

The poll is expired.

Last edited by McMeadows; December 5, 2004, 05:48.
    don't worry about things you have no influence on...

I voted for trying to get Bacchanalia, and going into Spain to get Spices. I have been persuaded by other Senators' wise words to stay away from the Great Library.

Of course, this will be only possible, if we agree on giving Trajan an army. Otherwise it would be too dangerous to try and send Citizens down there, just yet.
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

voted
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Voting to settle next to silk [with fresh water] and take Spice.

We're were at taking the Spiece [and a wine in route], perhaps we should take away a potiental Iron source from the Celts as well?
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

option two
          A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Option 2 does change the long term plans the senate has agreed upon before. It would mean we are to go to war with the Celts even before the war with Carthage has ended. Just to make the senate aware of the consequences....

Comment

Yes, the real bottleneck attacking Carthage appears to be a naval security issue. Plus it doesn't take many units to sack Carthage. Trying to capture and hold it, yes lots of them would be required! But the idea post-sacking is to head back into ships.
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

build the Bacchanalia

Comment

In actual fact the senate wished for war against the Celts, it was never a Senate choice to make peace with them. This has been talked to death though already so enough of that
                  A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Has anyone else been wondering how that worker in the Alps got there and what it is doing there? (see map above)

Comment

Yes. No clue so far.
                      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Looks to me like an emperor wanted the worker to build a road in the mountains, and perhaps road the hill west when done, creating a new invasion route to get the Spices sooner.
                        Templar Science Minister

Comment

Probably before agedincum was settled... was presumably going to colonise the spices?
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

If you build it, will we party?

Bacchanalian: (adj) Used of riotously drunken merrymaking.
                            Before Enlightenment: Chop Wood, Carry Water.
                            After Enlightenment: Chop Wood, Carry Water.
                            I reserve the right to speak gibberish in public, to embarass myself as a Senator, and to generally ignore the Bananis Imperialis; assumed competent. The Decadence that was Rome scoffs, I stand in the Bacchanalian temples laughing.

Comment

this thread is closed

Hope to see you at The Three Weeds Tavern for a jug or two
                              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                              X