This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Session!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By my powers as the Emporer Im declaring an Emercency Session!

Well not really I have to go back to RL and have played 2 turns and there are somethings I want to discuss before I continue this evening. (In about 10 hours)

First of all no finger pointing! I just want to analyze the facts and come to a group decision and you have ten hours to do so.

1. We dont have a heck of a lot of troops in the south. I have an archer covering Messana and a 4 HP legionaire covering Syracuse. I popped rushed a Legionaire in Messana and a Legionaire in Marsala in 300 BC. With all the excess units stacked into Marsala right now I have 5 vet Legionaires and the Legionaire Army.

Do you want me to leave Sciliy lightly defended and go after Carthago?

Or wait for more units?

2. I did all my trades last turn and this turn. We did the deals with Persia and macedon. I have NOT made the allaince with Macedon yet. But right now they have the MT tech and no gold. I just made contact with the Goths and traded that to macedon for all there gold and a world map. So they are broke. With that I have over 1800 gold in my personnal bank account and will have Republic in four turns at -4gpt. I also tweaked the WF in Neoplis and we will have hadrians wall in two turns (I shaved a turn off) as well as temple of Artemis in Roma in two turns. No town in the south is even close to having another Legionaire done in 5 turns or less. Im not even building extra galleys there yet.

3. We need military units up north and in Sicily, we now have two towns still undefended up north and will have a third undefended next turn.

With that being said what do you want me to do about carthago? My inclination is to continue building up and let the next emporer have the glory.

Yes I switched all the builds. as discussed in the cue thread.

Now
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

1. 5 Legionary IIs + a Vet army of 3 Legionary IIs should be sufficent to sack Carthage if the stack is kept together. AI rarely attacks a stack of units that large. Remember to attack with the army first to kill their best defenders first. Also note that an Army of 3 Legionary's completely fills a Galley. [Army shell counts as a unit spot in addition to each legion.]

2. Can a turn be saved off of Republic by increasing the science spending? We can't use 1800 gold under Obligarchy, and I think we'll want to wait for Imperlism to switch governments.

3. I sugest building Garrisions in the low shield production towns.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Agreed. Build Garrisons for defence for the moment, not Legionaries. Attack Carthage immediately. Sure, we are exposed a little in Sicily and in the north, but now is the time for courage, Emperor! Fortune favours the brave. In a few turns you will have your Garrisons heading north, and you have that small outpost with Legionaries in Messana should anything untoward happen up there.
      So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
      Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Re: Emergency Session!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by conmcb25
        I also tweaked the WF in Neoplis and we will have hadrians wall in two turns (I shaved a turn off) as well as temple of Artemis in Roma in two turns.
        I don't quite get this. Seems to me you've "shaved a turn off" both Hadrians and Artemis because you've already played a turn (both wonders had 3 turns to go when I handed over)

Comment

Burn Carthage!

Play another turn and shave off the build time again
          repeat
          Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Re: Re: Emergency Session!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Aqualung71

I don't quite get this. Seems to me you've "shaved a turn off" both Hadrians and Artemis because you've already played a turn (both wonders had 3 turns to go when I handed over)
            Temple of Artemis remains the same. It was three turns when I started, before the end of turn two it is 2 turns.

Hadrians wall must require additional sheilds because when I switched from GL to hadrians it was 4 turns. On turn 300 I tweaked the WF and got us down to three turns and now two turns in turn 295BC, which I have yet to finish.

Im milking this emporer thing for all its worth.
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Oh well, I thought I had shaved as much off as possible with all my MM'ing, but I must have left something for the next Emperor to do

Comment

Only one turn mate, and I had to switch some WF tiles with another city.

BUT I wanted to make sure I got Hadrians.

Play resumes in about two hours......

Comment

Cool.....post the save so we can judge your work

Comment

I said play resumes in two hours

Check the save thread Im done early

Comment

this thread is closed

Hope to see you at The Three Weeds Tavern for a jug or two
                      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                      X