This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emperor Aquavian Lungarius - turn report 325BC - 300BC

Senators, it is with a sense of awe that I take over the reins of empire from our founding Emperor Modo, who has left the empire in exceedingly good shape and stamped Rome's authority on the world in a very short time.

This then is the report of Emperor Aquavian Lungarius on the 25 years of my reign, from 325BC to 300BC.

Please post comments and updated strategy suggestions here rather than in this thread

A few initial builds were adjusted, but nothing significant. Some mm'ing was done to get the growth/production cycle more efficient in some cities. The luxury slider was dropped to 10% and a couple of cities used an entertainer to compensate, but then increased back to 20% when some core cities grew.

325BC: Sold communication with the Celts to Macedonia for 139g, Egypt for 73g and Persia for 46g.

Sold Currency to Macedonia for 12g, 32gpt + World Map and to Egypt for 68g, 8gpt + WM (Persia didn’t have enough cash to make it worthwhile). This will bankrupt them both for the time being while giving us an additional 40gpt, and given that the tech tree is not very long in this scenario, a tech advantage is not particularly important. Besides which, Currency is a dead end path on the tech tree.

A Legionary raided a Barb camp on a hill and grabbed 25g plus some tribal women for the baths.

We also began our programme of upgrading Legionary I’s to Legionary II’s.

2 Legionaries more moved into position to attack Syracuse. Meanwhile, the offensive on the Celts is recalled due to lack of offensive units and the need to upgrade.

Galleys begin their journey back to the mainland to pick up the Army.

320BC: The remaining NM and Spearman in Syracuse were defeated by our Legionaries, and the whole of Sicily is now under Roman control. A Carthaginian Galley is also sunk.

Build Queues – a couple of Citizens, a few workers, a couple of Granaries, not many Legionaries at this stage.

315BC: More of the same.

310BC: Legionary kills a wandering Celtic Spear

Founded the town of Mediolanum, 114 of Pisae, building Barracks.
    Carthage asks for peace, but won’t give up any of the 3 towns on Sardinia and Corsica, so no go

Macedonia completes the Mausoleum

305BC: Macedonia completes the Oracle, causing us to switch to the Great Lighthouse.

Beneventum founded 663 of Segusio

With all Legionaries headed southwards to begin preparations for the sacking of Carthage, it was decided to make peace with the Barbarian Celts to the north. Brennus gave us 2 small and distant towns for our trouble – Noviodunum and Vesontio – plus 47g.

300BC: Military Training discovered. It was also discovered that the AI had been researching different techs, since all the friendly ones now had both Construction and Monarchy. The next Emperor may want to consider some trades.

So the state of Rome at the end of the reign of the Emperor Aquavian Lungarius, is quite strong. Following on from the efforts of Emperor Modo, Rome has now amassed 29 Workers, 16 Legionaries and 12 defensive Garrisons. The Wonder cities of Roma and Neapolis have been grown through careful micromanaging to sizes of 12 and 11 respectively, giving them respective production of 36 and 22 shields. The conquest of Sicily has been completed, and preparations are underway for the Senate backed sacking of Carthage, to be spearheaded by our new Legionary II Army which has been filled with 3 Legionaries to fit into the 4-unit capacity Galley.

The only negative event was the completion of the Oracle by Macedonia in 305BC, requiring us to switch our build to the Great Lighthouse.

Several new towns have been founded, and the flow of Citizens has been reduced from the build queues, which is now concentrating on Workers and Legionaries.

Here is a map of the Roman empire at the beginning of 300BC. Over to the next Emperor
    Attached Files
    So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
    Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Red is so pretty, covering the map...

Hail Emperor Aqualung17!
    A prosperous reign, my Caesar. I look forward to the completion of the war upon Carthage shortly, thanks to your favor with the Gods and ability as a leader of Rome.
    Before Enlightenment: Chop Wood, Carry Water.
    After Enlightenment: Chop Wood, Carry Water.
    I reserve the right to speak gibberish in public, to embarass myself as a Senator, and to generally ignore the Bananis Imperialis; assumed competent. The Decadence that was Rome scoffs, I stand in the Bacchanalian temples laughing.

Comment

All Hail Emperor Aquavian Lungarius and his 25 years Reign, from 325BC to 300BC

Rome welcomes home it's hero

Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot

All Hail Emperor Aquavian Lungarius and his 25 years Reign, from 325BC to 300BC

Rome welcomes home it's hero
        I'll drink to that.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

On the whole some good work done there
          A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

this thread is closed

Hope to see you at The Three Weeds Tavern for a jug or two
            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
            X