• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible addition to The Grand Book of Rome - Our Law

Emperor Modo has recently started the following poll:

350BC - last directions for the Emperor

I have found this a very good idea

So much so, that I would like to see it added into The Grand Book of Rome - Our Law that each successive Emperor has to do this prior to starting their turns

and what do you think?
    Yes
    76.47%
    No
    5.88%
    :ana:
    17.65%
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Yeah, it is a cool idea

Comment

what plan ahead

we have none of that here
      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I voted banana and was sorely tempted to vote no.

I generally like the idea, but an emperor should feel free to play the game as he sees fit - of course at his peril of being slaughtered in the senate. But that is the fun of this format.

So - I am ok as long as the understanding that the poll is in no way binding on what the emperor does.

And to be honest - I can see some periods where there may not be a whole pile of earth-shattering decisions to make. In those cases, I light-hearted poll may be in order.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Beta, I'd agree with you, but only if we were playing the empire falling down. I'm no expert at this, but it seems the early republic was truly ruled by many, not by a single person. That's why I find votes taken by Senators important to the role playing part. Which is the most fun part for me here.

And, if nothing else, the votes make this game different from the other succession game we're playing.
          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Modo - good points. Understood.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

As long as the poll is not binding, and as long as the senate is allowed to spill the blood of the emp who does not follow this non-binding poll.
              Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

*"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Something like this is a good idea.

The other alternative is a series of polls if there's multiple issues coming up at the same time.
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                  X