No announcement yet.

Roman strategy thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can we settle on the inland next to the inland with tory on it?
    it could be good be to cut off greek war ships and allow transport on to the greek homeland
    just thinking
    yes or no

Comment

• Originally posted by Modo44
      Basically, Courthouses reduce corruption for the rest of the game. This can allow some better MM to shave off a turn from units for the rest of the game. Markets are the next best thing, giving additional cash for the rest of the game (we won't be researching much more). Not the best, because we have too few luxuries to make them push cities into WLTED (E for Emperor, of course ). Other builds don't do that. We have enough cash to make those rushes in approximately 3-4 turns (counting both Courthouses and Markets in most cities), and get back to units. Many cities have them already, which means no slowing down in unit production.

We don't need to rush Temples in captured cities, except on islands. We get them for free in most places.
      Temples don't appear on island cities, my friend, and that's most of what (at the time) we were conquering

It's not as black and white as you see it, Modo. On Italy a courthouse will only benefit us a little - say 3gp and 1 shield per turn - and I could imagine a marketplace in a local city near Rome would gather a lot more than that. And combine that with the fact that are army (at the time) was very small compared to what we were asking it to do, and I simply feel (felt) that delaying a courthouse 10-20 turns is (was) worth it.

(I'm emphasizing that I didn't check the last save, so I am not 100% sure it still applies - but I think so.)
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• My plan isn't either CHs or MPs but is instead both!

Virtually every city in Italy will have both by the end of my administration. (The planned exceptions are Roma and a handfull of other cities so close to Roma that a CH would not pay for itself, so those cities are getting just MPs)
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncnunn
          My plan isn't either CHs or MPs but is instead both!
          Exactly.
          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• here here

a wise man indeed!
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• I'm also planning during this adminsitration to add some troops to enforce martial law in a few of our larger cities.
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

My plan isn't either CHs or MPs but is instead both!

Virtually every city in Italy will have both by the end of my administration. (The planned exceptions are Roma and a handfull of other cities so close to Roma that a CH would not pay for itself, so those cities are getting just MPs)
                Excellent. During my reign we could not manage this, of course, but it is good to hear our core cities will be well improved.

Comment

I'm also planning during this adminsitration to add some troops to enforce martial law in a few of our larger cities.
                  Yes we cant be having a bunch of hooligans and rebel rousers stirring up trouble for our new administration..now can we?

Comment

• I'd still like someone to explain to me why we shouldn't be preparing to invade the Macedons and take some land that will actually be economically useful
                    So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                    Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

• Originally posted by Aqualung71
                      I'd still like someone to explain to me why we shouldn't be preparing to invade the Macedons and take some land that will actually be economically useful
                      I am afraid I cannot..for I am attending to other.."Pressing Matters"
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Aqualung71
                        I'd still like someone to explain to me why we shouldn't be preparing to invade the Macedons and take some land that will actually be economically useful
                        Macedonia is a key ally against Carthiage, they took Southern Corscia from Carthigage during my adminstration.
                        Templar Science Minister

Comment

• Also, Persia still has more land & pop than we do, attacking Macedonia would help Persia in that war, which we don't want to do.

We're still working on kicking the Carthigans out of Spain
                          Templar Science Minister

Comment

Also, Persia still has more land & pop than we do, attacking Macedonia would help Persia in that war, which we don't want to do.

We're still working on kicking the Carthigans out of Spain
                            How may we as Senators better equip thee?

How may we offer motivation for your charge?

Speak, we arent going to bite you...

I believe we as Senators may have sent you off without...properly motivating you
                            Attached Files

Comment

Macedonia is a key ally against Carthiage, they took Southern Corscia from Carthigage during my adminstration.
                              You say that as if it were a good thing. Southern Corsica is (was) one of the best (corruption-wise) areas we could have taken! Now that it's no longer possible to take (without warring with Macedon) we have lost one of the better areas to conquer!

(As you mention later,) Persia is indeed larger in population than we are -- in fact if they weren't I'd be shocked. Persia starts out far larger than any other civ, and it's only through eventual Roman growth to our north that we are able to grow faster than they are.

Persia however is never a serious military threat - our 6/5 legions can easily slaughter their units, and they can never have nearly as good a military.

Macedon has much better land to grow on and a much better ultimate chance of winning the game, at least militarily, than Persia. And Aqualung makes a very true point: Macedonian cities are useful to us, both in that Macedon no longer has them AND in that we have a city that can produce military units and gold. OTOH, even many carthaginian cities, not to mention Persian, are going to be worthless to us except in the taking away. I am definitely going to suggest razing the main carthaginian cities rather than keeping them - heck, we could just raze a city every couple of turns and pretty soon have no more Carthage. It's realistic AND strategically sound!

Comment

• you make good and valid points Snoopy

perhaps we could lend an ear to plans you have of redeeming our World Domination efforts?

Please continue

Just..umm..DON'T GET UNDER OUR SKIN..OK?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X