News Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Posts

Considering I am a News Editor, if the SPDG ever wants me to post a news article please feel free to post in this thread and I'll do the best I can to get an article up

Cool! Thanks, NM. I am a News Ed for the CivGroup, but occasionally (like soon perhaps) it could be good to get an article to Dan or Mark for the main Civ3 page.

Once I've figured out this Feudal thingy and the polls have all ended I will try to get on to this.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Why not use the CG News if you want to post a news artcle for the demogame, and in case an article is big ennough for posting on the main Civ3 news as well it can be done...

The cg software supports pulling important news from the CG news system to the main news system.

Oh, and you know you don't have to be newseditor to submit a xg news for evaluation. It happens so mush in a demogame, and there is not a single news posted for the C3DG group yet.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I'm not sure if you noticed, but in some forums, every time there is an election, it is posted

Comment

I'm not sure exactly what you want me to notice...

Hosever, I did notice that the C3DG has one newsitem about it in the cg news system, but posted under the ISDG group...

I maybe shall add some code to the admin page to make it possible to move the news to another group. But that will have to wait until after my exams. One done three left.

Oh, and why not advertise in the DG news that there is a new dg beeing set up now, and hope for some new players reading the cg news mainpage and turning interested.

Comment

I'm still more than a little puzzled how the CG news all works, Gramphos, seeing as it took quite some effort and some PMs to a Mod or two to get even that one item up.

However, I will try to do this.....
            Consul.

Comment

OK, I have managed it. However I do not know how others have managed to put images in, and were this to go on the main news site I would ideally like to have an image (even of just a banner proclaiming this to be the "Civilization 3 Feudal Democracy Game".

Any pointers?
              Consul.

Comment

Maybe Mark or Ming could adjest the Forum Name from

Civ3-Democracy Game

to

Civ3-Feudal Democracy Game

or was that what you meant MWIA?
                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                  I'm still more than a little puzzled how the CG news all works, Gramphos, seeing as it took quite some effort and some PMs to a Mod or two to get even that one item up.
                  They work in almost the same way as the general news software running on this site. That is any HTML is allowed, but no vB-code.

Images are included via < img src="image URL" align="left|right"&gt for best result (i.e images that have text on one side)

The only thing that might be alittle confusing with the cg news system is that it looks as posting a forum thread, but vB-code isn't formatted.

Comment

For an HTML dullard like me, can you or some else please enlighten me as to some of the more useful codes for news items?
                    Consul.

Comment

As in bold and italics?

Comment

List:
                        <ul> (Unordered List)
                        <li>item text 1<li>
                        <li>item text 2<li>
                        </ul>

• item text 1
                        • item text 2

ol - Ordered List
                        1. item text 1
                        2. item text 2

Links:
                        <a href="URL" [target="_blank"]>Link Text</a>
                        Link Text
                        target="_blank" makes the URL open in a new window (as the [ URL ] codes do)

<font [size="[+|-]<number>"] [color="#<rgb hexcode>|color name"] >Some Text</font>
                        Some Text (size="+1")

<u|i|b|strike&gt Text </u|i|b|strike&gt
                        Text
                        Text
                        Text
                        Text

This is just a selection of HTML codes, and only some of the attributes to them.

Comment

Thanks Gramphos, with those and the info on how to post links to pictures, I should be able to do something a little more special for a general piece of news.
                          Consul.

Comment

Sorry - these aspirations are on hold for a short time due to Net issues (as in I have none at home!).

I still fully intend to do something though, so remind me when I start posting regularly again!
                            Consul.

Comment

Well, anyone may submit news, but it seems as noone is using that ability.

Comment

Working...
                              X