Term V Goal - To have a Mighty Armed Force

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Term V Goal - To have a Mighty Armed Force

To conquer other lands, and to hold on to our own, we believe in a Mighty Armed Force of Vikings is needed.

This is the Armed Forces at the beginning of this term
    Attached Files
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

at the end of week 2
    Attached Files
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Our archers will need to be consolidated soon, so we may upgrade to bezerkers and get our GA rolling.

Our swords have been decimated. That was to be expected. We are still strong enough to hold onto what we have, and to gain a bit.

Our military, however, is spread out way to far to be effective. We need to consolidate our forces. Groups of offensive units need to be made so we can strike where we want, when we want, and as hard as we want. That is not happening. Our military is scattered to the winds acting as MP's. Needed, true, but not to the extent that we have.

I want a force of 30 archers to be upgraded. Only the first wave of 20 to be upgraded initially, with the last 10 as reserve units. Our fleet will consist of 70% bezerkers, 30% defenders, to hold what we take. Internal development needs a couple of gallies to move the new settlers and workers around.

Soon, our swords will upgrade to their final stage - MI, and shortly thereafter, be religated to MP duity.

Our horses are limited in their usefullness on this map. They make excelent defenders. When an enemy lands near one of our cities, our horses can quickly mobilize and destroy the invadors.
      If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Do you have a coosting for the upgrade of these Archers to Berzerkers.
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

100 per archer w/out Leo's (ouch.) That's going to require a bankroll of 1700 so far (~200-300 in the treasury right now) - which also means not much more buying of maps (and certainly no tech...).

I also should note that Persia, Egypt, and Spain have reached the Industrial Age (and Persia has almost 4k gold, probably from tech sales of their freebie to Spain and Egypt)
          But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
          PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

hmmm, thanks for the stats Mak.

something for us to ponder about...
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

is this the way all deity games go.. ? can we recover from this far behind, some advice from some experts needed...
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Money and Science, two things we seem to be lacking, and the two things we need most.
                If I only had a brain...

Comment

Forget science. It will not work. You cannot hope to overcome a 60% bonus to the AI in this area. Gold, you have to plan. Use it sparingly. With a water map, it means that it is far easier to defend ourselves, but that much harder to attack the enemy. Planning is the key. We have dug ourselves into a very deep hole here. Without being able to attack from the get go, we need our diplomats to be able to get the AI to keep attacking eachother. Constant war will hurt them more than anything else we can do.

No, it is not impossible. Just very difficult. We have been lax in the details. How many times have our cities gon into disruption because we didn't plan on the pop growth enough? How spread out is our armed forces?

Our next biggest threat is loosing, not by being concured, but by the AI building a space ship. We need to go for some juggleres with our beserkers. And soon.
                  If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I ment science as in military science, for better soldiers, which, in turn can...do stuff
                    If I only had a brain...

Comment

some good upgrades are a must...

Comment

at the end of week 3 part I
                        Attached Files
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

at the end of week 3 part II
                          Attached Files
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

mmmmm berzerkers !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
                              mmmmm berzerkers !!!!!!
                              so well said
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                              X