X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do we get onto Barbarian Island?

Ok, some advice needed...

How do we get onto Barbarian Island?

We need to move a stack, that contains over 40 units of barbarians!!!
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Here's a pic : the isle is covered and they are camping our LZ
    Attached Files
    But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
    PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

we don't
      Duddha: I will return...
      Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
      "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
      Free California!

Comment

can we when we get berzerkers ???
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

Yes attecking at the weak point we could break in with Berzerkers.
          Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
          Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
          President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

Attack with marines or bezerkers. Then, land. There is only one location that can support a city, and it is not a terrably good locaiton at that. Why would we bother unless we wanted teh gold from the villages (minimal benifit for the probably loss of our units) or the experience to have elite units (agian, better to get that experience by attacking real enemies).
            If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

do berzerkers do sea borne invasions ???
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Yes, they are the only unit before Amphibious Warfare that are able to do that. A big advantage for us, we just have to get ti Invention and we can have some fun
                But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
                PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Originally posted by GodKing
                  Attack with marines or bezerkers. Then, land. There is only one location that can support a city, and it is not a terrably good locaiton at that. Why would we bother unless we wanted teh gold from the villages (minimal benifit for the probably loss of our units) or the experience to have elite units (agian, better to get that experience by attacking real enemies).
                  It is a shame there are no fish, or more food sources available. We could mine those mountains for a tidy sum of trade each turn.. I wonder what the map designers had in mind of this Isle.
                  The Best Multiplayer Game Ever

Comment

I think we were meant to land there a long time ago, and slowly beat up barbarians for the experience and gold...

I do not believe we were ever meant to settle there

Just a great big money pit... could have been an extra 25 - 50 gold every turn...

by this time, that would have been an absolute fortune
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Re: How do we get onto Barbarian Island?

We don't.

Cost of doing so is to high realtive to the benfits.

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                      Ok, some advice needed...

How do we get onto Barbarian Island?

We need to move a stack, that contains over 40 units of barbarians!!!
                      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                      Templar Science Minister
                      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

so we either wait for berzerkers or await those warriors to move...

Comment

we will use those pure barbs to make our berzerkers elite. What can we want more from them? to pay for the good fight they will receive maybe
                          Last edited by ormuzd; March 21, 2004, 14:36.

Comment

yes that sure is a great thing to do, elite berzerkers excellent
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

yes i agree... but as i curently exiled my thoughts probably dont count

Comment

Working...
                              X