• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks GodKing
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Look. This game has not been micromanaged as much as one would like. In all, I repeat ALL the deity level games I have won, they were on pangia maps where the AI did not have to deal with ocean invasions. This demo game was conceived as a test, regarding the ability of a human to do a good invasion, with the beserker unit. Unfortunately, the AI has not been keeping itself buily attacking itself. So we have to do it the hard way, all ourselves.

Also, micro management is the key to any Deity game. We have, all of us, been failing to properly account for it. We need to watch the details. No city can afford one turn of disorder. Aquaducts are OK, but only the core cities should consider them, and only because they have the production to afford the few happieness generating improvements.

Our only chance is through conquest. One at a time, with keeping our AI on edge. Think. They can researech and build with a 60% advantage over us. What takes us 10 turns to make, the AI makes in 4. There is no room for waste, and waste is so easy in this game with so few of us playing or even paying much attention.....

Sorry to ramble on.

GK
      If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

thanks for the deity tipds..

i think that is the reason i dont play deity level, i hate micromanaging everyturn ...
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

GodKing to the rescue
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

actually what needs 10 is 6 for the AI, not 4

Comment

GodKing looking forward to your input prior to the next session

Glad to see you here
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Godking:
                Please tell me what you think of my production plan for the next eight years, which includes a bit of WF management, but also to switch Raiding Base from marketplace to courthouse immediately (courthouse ready in one turn if we switch now)

Thanks
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

you have pu some good things together here Spiffor
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

After looking at the 1070 save, I have thought of the following:

1. Change production in Pengu's revenge from harbor to temple. We don't want this silk city go the way of BigFurryCity. Currently, there are 6 Egyptian tiles in Pengu's radius

2. Connect Penguin's revenge with the trade network with a road: road the tile E-NE of the city as soon as the workers nearby are available (in three turns)

3. In 1080 AD, rush harbor in Larvik for 124 gold. It will bring us an extra luxury (silk) as soon as 1090. It will leave us enough money to rush our archer in Spanish are Greedy on the same turn, and to rush our archer in Thor's Hammer on the following turn, thus not postponing our attack. These two are our last archers on our home island.

4. Change BigFurryCity to produce temple. We already know this city's culture isn't enough to defend it from cultural conversion, and the Egyptians are at least as dangerous in this regard as the Spanish.

5. Next turn, build a settler in Birka, to settle the square N-N of Kalgoorlie. This city wouldn't be very interesting, but would basically have access to 8 tiles (predominantly sea) no other city can access.
                    With our current technology and government, this city could make 14 commerce and 4 shields without any overlap (and overlap won't be an issue before we have hospitals anyway).
                    With best technologies and democracy, this city could make up to 28 commerce and 16 shields, for 8 pop, without any overlap.
                    Besides, this city is interesting in that, with border expansion, it'll ease the absorption of our gem mountains within our borders.
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

and how many of those 28 commerce will be useful? maybe 2, max 3
                      No offense, just some thoughts about it

Comment

Originally posted by ormuzd
                        and how many of those 28 commerce will be useful? maybe 2, max 3
                        Under a government as bad as monarchy, sure, the corruption would be very crippling.
                        However, under democracy (we'll have it soon enough, with an adequate punishment of the Spanish, and technology-milking), it will make a difference. And the cost to that effect is minimal.

Comment

I don't think democracy with its war weariness is the best choice now. We need also two techs to have it and I can't see how will this happen. We can't get Astronomy to connect our west colonies with our main land and Astronomy is needed for the Industrial Age. PP and Democracy ar not needed and we may skip them for now.

Comment

Democracy is NOT the way to go. Go Commie. It is our best and only chance.

Don't even bother researching Democrace. Just wish that you guys would play so fast, otherwise I would try and join in more.
                            If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

What do you mean GodKing, about our speed?

Hope to see more of you on the threads
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                              X