Havamal. The true Viking Party.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Havamal. The true Viking Party.

Vikings - you are invited to join the true Viking party.

The Havamal.

Based on the sayings of the High One - Odin.

"Be your friends true friend."
    "Return gift for gift."
    "Repay laughter with laughter again."
    "But repay betrayal with treachery."

The Havamal Party is based on the Three Pillars of Enlightenment:

One - Faith in Odin

Two - Pursuit of Knowledge

Three - Exploration of Our World.

We are not opposed to war. In fact we embrace it as an integral part of who we are as Vikings. But it is a means to an end - the end being the three pillars. War for war's sake - as is proposed by less enlightened members of our society - will lead us away from the true path we should walk.

The Havamal is dedicated to scientific research, to exploration and expansion, to education of the people, and most importantly, the fulfilment of the people spiritually.

We are not religious extremists, although others may want to portray as such. We believe in a balanced existence, where Odin, knowledge, the earth, and the true Viking spirit all play a role.

And last but not least - we love our Viking long ships. They epitomize everything we stand for - knowledge, faith, and exploration of the world manifested in the most beautiful creation of man - the long ship. One day such ships will not be mere dreams, but will be reality, and an extension of the Viking and Havamal presence in this world.

So my friends - joing the Havamal party now. Become a true Viking!

(all members joining before the 24th of the month will receive a free Enya CD.)

HAVAMAL - CURRENT MEMBERSHIP

BetaHound
    Civman200
    General Tacticus
    Aro
    theViking
    Jonny
    panag
    GhengisFarb
    Vlad Antlerkov
    BigFree
    Last edited by Beta; April 29, 2003, 22:43.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

I think I will join. What is your position on what the new constitution should be like?

Comment

Which Enya CD?
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
        Which Enya CD?
        My favorite - Shepherd Moon.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
          I think I will join. What is your position on what the new constitution should be like?
          I have posted some comments in that discussion thread. I don't think the new con is broken. It evolved to what it is today under the same game situation. Togas has propoed a review and tweaking committee which sounds good.

Also - we need names which are more appropriate to who we are - Chieftain, etc.

Comment

I'll join too.

Comment

I also see the Havamal being the party to celebrate our Viking history, and having a responsibility to educate the less-informed members of the 'other' parties of our rich heritage. To this end - we will be sharing stories, and when we have discovered writing, maybe some articles, and later maybe even some books.

So - c'mon you Viking Apolytonians - or is it Apolytonian Vikings - join the party with brains, heart, and soul. Join the Havamal.

Let us be the ones to determine the proper course of this civilization's future!

Civman and GT - Welcome, sirs!!!

Comment

I'm in!
                I'm almost sure that I'm in another party, too...
                No problemo.
                RIAA sucks
                The Optimistas
                I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

I think I am in too, but you should spell it Håvamål
                  The viking age ended 1066 at Monday, September 25, 6pm

Comment

Originally posted by theViking
                    I think I am in too, but you should spell it Håvamål
                    I would if I knew how to.

Comment

Originally posted by Aro
                      I'm in!
                      I'm almost sure that I'm in another party, too...
                      No problemo.
                      Welcome, my friend. It is appropriate that the map maker would be part of the enlightened party - dedicated to exploration and knowledge.

Comment

Thanks, Beta!
                        Btw, nice avatar... Hagar is one of my favorites... (and very appropriate, too! )
                        RIAA sucks
                        The Optimistas
                        I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by Aro
                          Thanks, Beta!
                          Btw, nice avatar... Hagar is one of my favorites... (and very appropriate, too! )
                          Thanks Aro - the problem is I have this split personality..

Half the time, I need to be the Voxian Minister of DisInfor.... er .. I mean .. Information. And the other half of the time - the Viking - Beta the Bold - founder of the Havamal. You may see me bouncing back and forth. But then you can relate to that - I see Woody is back.

ps - and I want it to be known that I used al-Sahhaf before Poly did.

Comment

Count me in!

Comment

Working...
                            X