Election: President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election: President

And now we must elect the man to actually play the game: to direct our people from their first beginnings as far as we dare.

Choose one of the following to be named the Big Kahuna, the Captain, the head cheese, numero uno honcho, the President.

MrWhereItsAt
    panag
    Banana

We have 5 days, until 0213GMT Saturday 19 April.
    MrWhereItsAt
    72.41%
    panag
    22.41%
    The Biggest of all Big Bananas
    5.17%

The poll is expired.

Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Yo voto por el SrDondeEsta!!

(ISDG chatroom joke)
    A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

MWIA

Comment

Originally posted by Master Zen
        Yo voto por el SrDondeEsta!!
        hey, i may be white, but isn't there a grammer error there?

Senior = Mister
        Donde = Where
        Esta = conjugated Estar (am, or is) to either third person, or "you" formal.

don't you need a "lo" to make the word "it"?

SrDondeEstalo ? or is it Estarlo?

or am i a dumb white kid?
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

MasterZen is mexican But I wouldn't trust him farther than you could throw him.
          First Civ3DG: 3rd and 4th Term Minister of Public Works. | Second Civ3DG: First Term Vice President | ISDG: Ambassador in the Foreign Affairs Ministry | Save Apolyton! Kill the Off-Topic Forum!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
          The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteBandit
            MasterZen is mexican But I wouldn't trust him farther than you could throw him.
            I wouldn't bother to throw him, you might catch something if you touch him!

BTW, I voted for panag. I think he has many talents in the area of communications that will seep over to the AI. The AI will not know how to properly react to his fine style. Given this is a Diety game we will need all the bonuses we can get.

panag for President!

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX

hey, i may be white, but isn't there a grammer error there?

Senior = Mister
              Donde = Where
              Esta = conjugated Estar (am, or is) to either third person, or "you" formal.

don't you need a "lo" to make the word "it"?

SrDondeEstalo ? or is it Estarlo?

or am i a dumb white kid?

I understand what you are getting at, but actually the word "it" isn't necessary when translating this phrase in spanish.

Thus, it is said "Sr. Donde Está [eso]", the "eso" would be the "it" but you don't have to say it because the conjugated form of estar actually implies that something (the "it") is being referred to, that's why you don't have to add the "lo" prefix.

anyway, not bad spanish Uber

Oh, and BigFree and WB, you guys are just ACHING to get your butts kicked in the PBEMs... even the one where I'm Korea!!
              A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by Master Zen
                anyway, not bad spanish Uber
                mi padre estaba en al ban~o, o es possible que algo morrio` alli`.

i'm far too lazy to add those squiggles.
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I love it when election threads go off topic.
                  Join a Democracy Game today!
                  | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

Okay, I shall determine who gets my vote based on who promises to put me into office as a Justice. A nice posh cave, a title, and some land wouldn't hurt much either.
                    "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
                    Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

Hey, you want to put yourself forward as a judge, Thudf? You should have done so - in the nominations thread.

I'll do a confrimation of judges poll soonish, and since we aim to have 5, I'll add you in.

That's not doing you a favour for votes, that's 'cos we need the judges.
                      Consul.

Comment

Oh, I did MWIA. Just wanted a posh cave. Or something.

Btw, that 'not a favour' seems a lot like a really underhanded political manipulation. I congratulate you.
                        "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
                        Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

About the judges, if we continue using the NewCon, I see no reason to replace judges whose terms from the first game are not up yet.

Comment

Have either played and won on Deity ?
                            "No Comment"

Comment

I can happily say I've never tried Deity. Fortunately, the President does not dictate how we make our plays, just facilitates debate and actually carries out the team's wishes. I have certainly learned a lot from the DG, however. As a direct consequence of involvement in the first DG, I have upped my difficulty level. I have won a few more times on Regent and have started an Emperor game (although have so far lacked the time to continue with it).

I see myself more as a Demogamer than a strategist, although I am a lot more confident with good strategy now. I enjoy and believe I am good at dealing with other Demogamers to ensure we get the best teamwork possible. In the end, isn't that exactly what you want in a President? Someone who pushes the game and discussion along, listens to those who are more knowledgeable than he is, defers to the will of the people and still knows enough to take a lead role in discussions wherever it is needed.
                              Consul.

Comment

Working...
                              X