Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What about combining the Citystates and $Mini-Game idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about combining the Citystates and $Mini-Game idea.

There were lots of people making allegation last game that the Mini-gamers were manipulating the Demo game to profit in the Minigame. What if made the Citystates game in the PTW forum an actual $Mini-game Democracy game where you are SUPPOSED to vote and make decisions based on your holdings and wealth?

Basically, the $Minigame would drive that Demo game instead of vice versa.

Interesting - I would love to be a lurker in that one...
    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

/me is tired of pitching his feuadl idea
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
        * UberKruX is tired of pitching his feuadl idea
        Actually that is what I had in mind, it would start our feudal with the players being nobles with their landholdings and trying to improve and profit from them using the $Mini-game.

Comment

I would respond to the complaints this way: that's a good thing. It adds another element of roleplay to the game. We're actually "in" the game, in some form, so we're not just a group of people trying to play it as best we can - we are trying to play it in a way that will benefit ourselves in particular.

Comment

This could be more vicious than the Citystates concept if people are strictly motivated by their assets and the furtherment of such.

Comment

You would have to make a rule - if you build a settler in your city, the new settler owes its fielty to teh city that created it for x turns.... that would allow the civ to grow instead of just poping out a couple of workers to clear around it and then focusing on building structures.... Or perhaps I am missing something.
              If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Oh, you mean we each actually control a CITY?

Wow. I want in!

Comment

I was thinking the rules would alter a bit depending on the government we were in.

When a new city was founded players from the creating city could choose to go with the new settler and be a part of that "provence". Each player's territory would have to be within the influence area of the city he residing in and should be adjoined in one clump.
                  Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; April 9, 2003, 21:59.

Comment

That's going to be cool. We could even use a sort of "economic warfare" between the citystates

EDIT: even better - tariffs and trade laws!

Comment

BUMP

On the assumption that a second SPDG ever starts.

Comment

Working...
                      X