Who do we want to be our opponents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do we want to be our opponents?

We are talking about who we are going to play and we also need to think about who we are going to play against.

I definately want to have Egypt as an opponent. Whom else.

E_T
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Do we really want to specify all the civ opponents? That could be quite tedious. But I do agree, it might be nice to include "ourselves" as one opponent. I would however be for keeping all the others as random.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I think random would be best. Though I'm tempted to say that we should surround ourselves with Civ's that are hard to beat in the Ancient Times so that we don't 'walk over' anyone.

Comment

Well, if we really want challenge, make sure to throw in all of the Expansionist/Militaristic and Ind/Mil civs.
        I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Let's MOD the opponents and change their names into the other Civ sites'. Playing against GCA and CDC and such. This way, we get the ISDG feel for this game...

Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

How about all Random oppoents?
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

All random, with as many as the map size can support (or more).
              If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                Do we really want to specify all the civ opponents? That could be quite tedious. But I do agree, it might be nice to include "ourselves" as one opponent. I would however be for keeping all the others as random.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
                  Let's MOD the opponents and change their names into the other Civ sites'. Playing against GCA and CDC and such. This way, we get the ISDG feel for this game...

We're gonna kick their butts in the ISDG anyways, why do it twice?

I say random
                  A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

why not give all the AI's all the civ traits?
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

As long as we can destroy Persia then I am happy, apart from them all random

Comment

I want militaristic and expanbsionist civs as our opponents.

Aidun
                        "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
                        Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

It would be fun to have all the new civs from PtW in the game if we do pick.

Comment

Random.

Or check the editor, and pick only those civs with the maximum aggression levels.

Good fun for the warmongorers.
                            Good Fun for the builders & diplomats keeping them happy.
                            "No Comment"

Comment

well, if we're playing a huge map why not just have all 24 civs??
                              A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Working...
                              X