No announcement yet.

Part Deux: What Version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or you can just tell the DM to kiss your *ss about locating the WF. Who cares if you get one more shield out of a city that's already pumping out 100 shields?

Not that I did that, but it DID take an hour A FULL 1/2 OF THE CHAT I PLAYED to set up all the build ques, change the workforces, and get through the Dm orders, and that was all before even the first turn was finished. Yes, that got frustrating. At least I saved MrWIA from doing any REAL work this term! Just venting...no offense meant Aidun, you were doing your job.

Another Idea I have to solve that is allowing the Pres/VP/DM to DO THOSE THINGS BEFORE A CHAT!!! let the chat be about the more fun aspects, not changing workers around a city grid. I really like the idea of simply having the DM set all thos up himself prior to the chat. Instead of posting orders, the DM arranges all ques the day before the chat and reposts the save. Simple as that.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

well i have both. vanilla c3 and PTW so it isnt a problem.....my computer on the other hand is....i cant get PTW to play on this one....so government positions will be out for a long time....but i am ok with everything
      Bunnies!
      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

I say keep diplo victory as it lets us cut the game short if we know we have won, as just occured.

Voted banana. Would prefer CtP any version but will accept whatever is most available to the public.
        If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I can't help DM is the biggest job, but imagine how nice it is to be DM: First challenge: getting regional governors. 2nd) creating a guide for governors; 3rd) making a general policy 4th)having the RG's post their orders in time. You are responsible for that: if they don't post any orders you have do do the job yourself. Very nice to do if you are DM of an empire like Apolytonia. 5th) checking the orders posted by the RG's: if they do not comply to your policy, you have to Veto them and post new ones instead.
          BTW Unortho, I know what a hell of a job it is to implement the DM orders in the game, I did it myself in Aro's last turnchat of term 8.

Aidun
          "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
          Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

Aidun - I can sympathize, I was City Planner term 4 & 5 (I think) just before the NewCon took effect and merged the work with the slave master and city locator positions.... and our civ was 1/2 the size it is now, and it took 10 hours of work every week to keep up without touching the save (realize, only the Prez or VP were allowed to touch the save prior to term 6).

This job is the most important and biggest in this game. The earlier it is the more nit picky you must be.

I would love to see something revised, but don't know how to do so and make it work.
            If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Godking, neither do I. I'm satisfied with the sysyem as it is now, it just lays a heavy responsibility on the DM.

Few imagine this, but in fact the DM governs the country: without his approval, the SMC has no units and the FAM has nothing to trade, without tech improvements, the Minister of Science is lame and the same counts for the minister of economy without markets, banks etc.

Aidun
              "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
              Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

my vote as a mac user without OSX or any chance of getting a port of PTW in the near future, must go with the banana.

(is the latest mac patch at all compatible with the PC sav files?
                technical ability unsuprisingly )

happy to be a citizen in any case, will follow with interest.

I only hope my vote can be put to more productive use in the future of our empire than this.
                DANGER! - Unexploded Civilian

Comment

Also Mac users are very welcome Beno!

Enjoy this citizenship.

Aidun

Comment

Originally posted by Aidun
                    Godking, neither do I. I'm satisfied with the sysyem as it is now, it just lays a heavy responsibility on the DM.

Few imagine this, but in fact the DM governs the country: without his approval, the SMC has no units and the FAM has nothing to trade, without tech improvements, the Minister of Science is lame and the same counts for the minister of economy without markets, banks etc.

Aidun
                    Both GK and I spearheaded a movement basically stating this point a while back.

Don't you think allowing a DM to alter the sav, only for his orders, would ease SOME of the burden? Allow him to set up ques, whatnot, and only need to instruct the Pres reguarding changes that would be needed in the next 5 turns?
                    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Good thinking UnOrthO, why not? The DM has now in the chat a quite inactive role and I've seen the FAM and SMC also doing their own orders whether that was legal ro not, it happened. Why not for the DM?

Go, let's change the system!

Aidun

Comment

No SMC should have moved units unless he was authorized by the Pres. IIRC there was a system where the Pres could institute a chain of command... But SMC's should not have been moving before their orders were carried out (ie exploring different paths)

The FAM is allowed to SEE what the civs would accept, but not to actually go through with anything.

But yes, let the DM hold a Mini chat with his RG's for the purpose of ques and WF's before the regular chat. ESPECIALLY LATE GAME.
                        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

UnOrthO, of course he was alway's authorized.

DM chat
                          I'm in favor

Aidun

Comment

Originally posted by Aidun

DM chat
                            I'm in favor

Aidun
                            Same here.
                            RIAA sucks
                            The Optimistas
                            I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

IIRC, a RG or the DM would occassionally do some/all of the Turn 0 queue and WF changes back in Term 8, but it was never institutionalized and the practice dropped off.

DM mini-chats are a great idea.

Comment

I missed term 8 or I assure you that would have been thought of allot sooner in term X.
                                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                                X