Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vanilla Democracy Game: are you interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would play the vanilla game and I want to play at Diety. We can pick a bad to medium civ, but let's do Diety. That would be a challenge worth shooting for.

Many have never won at Diety (including myself) and this would be a great learning experience.

Comment

Originally posted by lmtoops
      I would play the vanilla game and I want to play at Diety. We can pick a bad to medium civ, but let's do Diety. That would be a challenge worth shooting for.

Many have never won at Diety (including myself) and this would be a great learning experience.
      I never won at Diety also...
      RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas
      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

I've never TRIED diety, but I just totally trashed the AI on Emperor in the first game I've played since I left in December (random civ gave me Germany, and I figured I better try to remember how to play...), so I should probably try to...
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

The enemy trashed me several times when I tried emperror plying Carthage! Since then I sonly play monarchy, always loosing is no fun.

Aidun
          "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
          Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

I used to be there, too, but playing through this demogame in the beginning taught me an awfull lot about how to get going in the early game. Even with a bad start.
            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I'm working my way up to Deity. I tried it a few times and got trashed repeatedly. I've won at Emperor a few times.

The Democracy game has taught me quite a bit. Especially about planning, timing, and strategy.

I've also been told to be patient at Deity level. Generally, the AI has the upper hand until the early middle game. Then the human player can take over. So you must be patient and plan carefully.

With all that said, I'm sure I'll get thrashed again. ME AI

Comment

I'm not so sure we want to go Diety... I haven't tried playing that high, but I get the impression the only way to beat the AI on that level is war.

Has anyone had a successful game on that level that was at least half-builder?

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
                  I'm not so sure we want to go Diety... I haven't tried playing that high, but I get the impression the only way to beat the AI on that level is war.
                  All the better! then we won't have all those annoying DIA peacenicks around...
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
                    Has anyone had a successful game on that level that was at least half-builder?
                    I seriously doubt it.

Deity is a completely different game. I think you have to play a completely borg style and go all out war and be lucky to get anywhere. There would be almost no room for non-essential buildings and no margin of error.
                    Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Well it sounds like Deity may not be a good idea, but Emperor should be good.

Why India? I have found their UU to be very useful. Greece sounds great to me, or perhaps Korea...?
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I agree - lets not go all the way to Deity. It forces you into one style of play only - which is the early rush, continued warfare, and the vassal state approach.

Monarch or Emperor. Probably Emperor. And India would be OK. But I still like Greece. Better roleplay options. I suspect we all know a fair bit of Greek history and mythology. Would mix well with the Apolytonian influence.
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I'd prefer India. Their UU may stink, but at least we get Religious. Spain, Greece, or Korea would be okay too.

Comment

Working...
                          X