What Next?? (Adjunct to Aro's Poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good idea, but IMO it's already too similar to the PtW-DG :|

Remember, anything more than a few paragraphs to explain it drops the newbie-join percentage by a lot.

You've thought of this one a lot obviously, but I'd rather stick to one team
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

The difference with the PTW DG is that the citystates are much smaller than the countries in the PTW DG as they are NOW in this early stage already.

The citystates should be too weak to resist the AI enemy on their own so they have to ally with other citystates, that gives the game a new dimension that we have not yet achieved, not on the SPGD, neither in the PTW DG.

Aidun
      "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
      Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

Aidun, you're talking about an amazing challenge. It's a sociological experiment, IMO...
        I don't know if we should mix this with a DyP game... so much work, and we'll be handicapped already compared with the AI.
        Oh, well... both alternatives are very, very interesting...
        And we're playing trhee games at this point. *Shakespearean accent* Where to find enough people, that's the question...

Oh, I almost forgot: It's Vanilla Game Spam Time! (you don't have to read this, if you can't take it anymore... )

After all this comments and thoughts, I'll insist... We need a traditional Democracy Game...
        RIAA sucks
        The Optimistas
        I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Aro, your vanilla spam comments are getting through to me.

I agree - we should run a new spdg. But as I said in the other thread, let's pick a weaker civ (Greece!!!) (or Rome!) (one with character), and use either Pangaea or Archipelago. Continents means we never really inter-act with a large number of the AI civs.

(But I would still like a 2 or 3 team 'theme' game as well)

(but maybe that is getting to be a bit much - but heh - there are lots of members and lots of talent to go around)
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Some of the experienced guys can start a regular game, vanilla, PTW. Not a challenge after all, even choosing a weak civ. But this will be important. The others can lurke a little and help a lot... Meanwhile, they will play the modded one, with lots of RP and all...
            I can help in this regular game, but I'm not a good player. We'll need some REAL players...
            RIAA sucks
            The Optimistas

Comment

Well Aro, if you support me, I'm willing to start the Citystates Game. Who wants to follow Aro and me?

Aidun
              "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
              Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

I support you, Aidun.
                Btw, Togas, Uber and BetaHound (and many others)certainly can help a lot. We have to plan carefully the structure of this game. I can see fun in our future...
                RIAA sucks
                The Optimistas

Comment

Working...
                X