Will there be another term?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be another term?

Elections happen on the 12th. That's 8 days from now. Can the current administration take us to the "end of the game"? If not, we need to see who wants to stick it out for one more term ... the term that will likely be the "final" term for this glorious nation.

In short -- Thud, unless you want to fight with someone for the final historic Presidency, you might want to throw together several turnthreads in the next few days to get us to the dramatic conclusion.

--Togas
    Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
    Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
    Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
    Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

I think I agree, Togas. I'm going to hold a cabinet meeting - not a turnchat- to discuss this. If all goes according to plan, we should have a coherent strategy and order placement for winning the game within the next 2 weeks.
    "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
    Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

I agree.
      And then we can start a new one...
      RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas
      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

I'm gonna go back and replay alot of the game.

I'm gonna invade Japan too.
        Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
        Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Mesh, I'm in!
          RIAA sucks
          The Optimistas
          I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

So we will even get a term 10? I'm in... In the meantime I'll build up the navy.

Aidun
            "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
            Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

Darn, I was shotting for the 11th term presidency.

Comment

Ooh!

/me 's eyes glint at the thought of the chance of being one of those responsible for ending the game...
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

/me 's eyes glint at the thought of being able to work with MRWIA again...
                  One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

/me 's eyes bug out of his skull at the thought of getting the band back together
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

/me thinks MWIA's just trying to set ANOTHER record by being the only three-time(!) president.

(j/k)

-- adaMada
                      Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                      PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                      Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

/me wanders what will the headlines be in the final Jungle Gazette....

E_T
                        Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                        Worship the Comic here!
                        Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

/me is surrounded by lunatics.
                          "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                          And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                          Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Thud,

Is that plan in place? Or should a nomination thread be started?

/me raises an eyebrow at MrWIA...
                            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                            X