TurnChat\Thread 1395 AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TurnChat\Thread 1395 AD

Okay guys, again I'm experiencing connection problems involving the chat sever. It seems to deny me access on a whim.

Anyway, I want to get some turns done. So, we'll be doing a good old turnthread. I'm going to play the game, and post occurences in this forum. Ministers should then comment if their orders will change because of events. Of course, if it is obvious to me that they should be changed I will be patient, and then excersice my Presidential authority.

It should work like a chat, except not so chatty.

So, then, here we go!
    "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
    Former President, C3SPDGI

Oh, um... I'm not sure how the WF system goes. Could someone involved in Domestic Ministry explain?
    "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"

Comment

You'll find all useful info
      here .

Here's the WF grid:
      Attached Files
      RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas
      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

That sure beats the old "move to tile sse" that I had to interpret...

Glad to see threads back, personally.

But, I never cared much for chats...
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Okay, Turn 0 done. Events:
          No New Foreign Events

Japanese Flotilla moves NW.

Pollution near Antioch, Muncie.

Btw, Arnelos, if you are here, please post general guidelines, at least. Particularly the places I'm supposed to be moving our naval units.

EDIT: Oh, dear, it appears as if I gaffed the Oak Ridge orders last turn. Sorry, Kloreep. (one turn and I've already done something that can get me impeached) Any advice as to how to proceed there? (I can switch prod. and rush so we still get those workers next turn...)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Thud; February 26, 2003, 17:12.

Comment

Well, its been a half hour without response from anyone. I've decided to change production to hospital and rush, as we do not seem to know what to do with the workers we have, and can wait a turn before getting more. Sorry.

Turn 1, 1400 AB, done.

Foriegn Events: Russia and Greece signed alliance vs. Babylon. Russia declared war. I anticipate that Babylon will not be joining us at the United Nations.

Pollution strikes Arbela.

Comment

Oops, forgot to attach the save:
              Attached Files

Comment

The connectivity problem Thud is having is almost certainly the same one I'm having.

According to the internet traffic/weather sites, the entire U.S. northeast has been experiencing some hellish form of connection problem since the start of the snowstorms last week. Given that more snow is falling as I write this and we're expected to get as much as another foot by tomorrow evening, it's not going to get any better any time soon
                Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Thud
                  EDIT: Oh, dear, it appears as if I gaffed the Oak Ridge orders last turn. Sorry, Kloreep. (one turn and I've already done something that can get me impeached) Any advice as to how to proceed there? (I can switch prod. and rush so we still get those workers next turn...)
                  Join the Club!!! No one noticed the mistakes I made though...

Do your best, I think people will be happy the game moves forward even at the expense of a few minor mistakes such as this. (especially at this stage of the Game, not like the HUGE mess we had with MrWIA attacking units and cities wrong which may or may not have contributed to our losing...whatever city that was after taking it....)

Speaking of preventing Mistakes, if you do another turnTHREAD, let me know, and Ill make the compiled orders for you. Real easy to follow, just print it off and check them off as you go.
                  Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; February 26, 2003, 18:25.
                  One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Turn 2, 1410 AB, done.

Foreign Events: Japan comes groveling for peace. Won't give us much, not that they have much to give. I rejected, based on previous statements by our FAM. Besides, I must admit that they need to suffer for their audacity Anyway, they're still talking (and talking, and talking) to us, so if we decide to change our minds and go for peace...

Pollution strikes Forbidden City, San Cortes.
                    Attached Files

Comment

That's it folks, for several reasons:
                      1. Its awfully lonely.
                      2. I'm missing a lot of orders for some regions, and I don't want to screw up our grand and master plan with my apparent domestic incompetence.
                      3. I have to leave in 20 minutes, and I don't think I can do a whole turn in that time.
                      4. I don't want to be blamed for any international incident occuring as a result of our worker movement inside Aztec land. (in order to get to San Cortez pollution)
                      5. I plan to have an actual and functional chat, which I swear I will attend, thanks to some fancy technical purchases and fixes I'm doing this week, not to mention the all important broadband internet. This actual and functional chat will take place this Sunday night (gmt).

Edit: Yes, I know it was only 3 turns. We'll make up for it on sunday... trust me

Comment

Originally posted by Thud
                        1. Its awfully lonely.
                        It's lonely at the top, eh?

The SPDG has never been truer to it's name!

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

Join the Club!!! No one noticed the mistakes I made though...

Do your best, I think people will be happy the game moves forward even at the expense of a few minor mistakes such as this. (especially at this stage of the Game, not like the HUGE mess we had with MrWIA attacking units and cities wrong which may or may not have contributed to our losing...whatever city that was after taking it....)

Speaking of preventing Mistakes, if you do another turnTHREAD, let me know, and Ill make the compiled orders for you. Real easy to follow, just print it off and check them off as you go.

I'm a proud member of the Mistake's Club, too...
                          Any help you need, count on me.

Edit: Good job, Thud. Under so adverse conditions (snowstorms, ISP problems), you're doing very well!
                          RIAA sucks
                          The Optimistas
                          I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Good going.
                            If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Originally posted by Aro
                              Good job, Thud. Under so adverse conditions (snowstorms, ISP problems), you're doing very well!
                              Allow me to join in on that statement.
                              Good job Thud!
                              Last edited by Shiber; March 1, 2003, 14:04.
                              "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                              And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                              Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Working...
                              X