Barracks: Operation Steel Demon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barracks: Operation Steel Demon

From the desk of the Supreme Military Commander....

The recent capture of Nuremberg has brought forward overwhelming evidence that the Germans were in the first early states of developing a weapon of huge power and mobility, a weapon that a captured German scientist (who has asked that his name remain secret) told us they were planning to mass produce, called "the Panzer".

While we have no hope of creating the Panzer, we have reviewed their design plans and developed one of our own, to be called a "Tank".

This operation was brought to my attention by Sgt. Roadcage, and is currently in the developmental stages, upon further review by myself and others involved.

THE PLAN:

Ferropolis builds and trains several ARMIES, that shall remain in the city (or transferred to a safe place), awaiting to be filled by tanks.
    Forbidden City begins building Tanks en masse, constructing enough of these "steel demons" to fill up at the very least 3 Armies.

THE RESULT - A highly devastating, highly mobile force capable of overrunning nearly any opposition, to act for the time being as a primarily defensive grouping of units, but one day aiding us as an offensive tool in the face of war.

I submit these plans to the Senate, and to the Domestic Ministry itself, so that we can give our military a huge generational upgrade, and ensure that we are the most powerful nation on the planet.

Signed
    SMC Meshelic
    Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
    Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

I like the name, Steel Demon.

RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Operation Steel Demon pre-builds

Basis, the 1360 save

Forbidden City

1360 eot completes Hospital as per current queue

1365 adds 3 pop by workers on high food and begins Intelligence Agency

1390 eot completes Intelligence Agency

1395 adds 2 pop by workers and switches previous adds from high food to high shields to produce just over 100 net shields per turn thus producing a Tank each turn

Ferropolis

1360 eot completes Factory as per current queue

1365 Begins Hospital

1370 eot completes Hospital

1375 adds 2 pop by workers on high shields so as to be slightly over 120 shields net thus doing Colleseum in one turn!

1380 adds 2 possibly 3 pop by workers one on high food rest on high shields so as to have slightly over 134 shields net thus doing the Millitary Academy in 3 turns

1395 begins mass Army production 3 turns to the Army.

Other Cities

Forbidden City and Ferropolis are matched until there are 3 armies and we can make 4 unit Armies. We will need one additional 100 shield city or 2 50 shield cities to catch up and make stand alone Tanks on an occasional but not continuous production campaign. City selection left to the DM.

Ssgt roadcage (retired)
      I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

hi ,

good

they shall never know what hit them , ......

huh , what about marines in an army , .....?

or the use of mech infantry , ....?

have a nice day

panag > paints "have a nice day" on each gun barrel that shall be used in tanks , .....
        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Since Marines cost exactly the same as Tanks, we can easily make Marine Armies or Free standing Marines if so desired. I expect that our SMC would prefer his Marines to be free standing, but have not talked to him on this matter. The principal use of Marines is amphibious assault. It is usually preferred to be able to use Marines individually against units weakened by naval and air bombardment. The Marines clear a tile for other units to land on. Marines are usually thought of as expendable, whereas the overhead of an army (400 shields) is certainly not expendable.

Based on the Science departments current research priorities, Marines are atleast 2 techs or 8 turns past tanks.

And we would not want to mix a 2 move unit with a 1 move unit in an army for obvious reasons.

Regarding Mech Infantry, It is a reasonable approach to fill out 3 tank armies with a Mech Infantry once we can make 4 unit Armies. Both are 2 move, and the resultant Army is balanced for Offense and Defense.

But once again, Mech Infantry is far in the future and beyond the current planning horizon.

Comment

The only use for marines as I pointed out in the japan thread is to seize a city or town so that we can then land our transports and the unlease the hordes of armor that turn. Of course as you said HEAVY bombardament is a must and this is where battleships and aircraft carriers make their presence known.
            Aggie
            The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

This is all well and good, but if we decide not to go to war with Japan, then why put anything in an Army until we aboslutly need to. We can have the units lying around waiting to get put in, but what if we put the units in and never use the army? Bam! Lost shields because the army will need to get disbanned in order to upgrade.

Build the armies, but don't fill them until needed.
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

We shouldn't put any units into the Armies until they have generated a GL at that point the GL can be used for a free Army.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                  We shouldn't put any units into the Armies until they have generated a GL at that point the GL can be used for a free Army.
                  hi ,

good point , and its even better to let elite units join armies , .....

our MC is great for capturing units near beaches , .....

have a nice day
                  - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                  - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                  WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I agree with Donegeal. Build armies and build Tanks, but don't combine them till we're sure we'll use 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
                      I agree with Donegeal. Build armies and build Tanks, but don't combine them till we're sure we'll use 'em.
                      Forget the puny tanks! I want to put Modern Armor in our armies!
                      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Well, since there will be nothing left in Forbidden City to build, I guess it's OK, to build tanks there.
                        I suggest we build all improvements in Ferropolis before beginning building armies. We are not to use armies anytime soon, with the dire need of infrastructure building in whole Apolytonia.
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos

Fully agree I tend to stockpile empty armies (from all my GLs) until I have Modern Armor and Mech Infantry and then once those units generate GLs they go into an Army.

Unfortunately, this leaves me with even more empty armies.

Comment

All needed improvements are in place under the plan. Ferropolis is close enough to Macross City that a Police station is unnecessary. Let's say it is producing 145 gross shields. It really doesn't matter if the net shield count is 136 or 138 or whatever, as long as it is equal to or more than 134. The purpose of Ferropolis is to be the Arsenal of Democracy.

What good is one more bank or university when we already have so many developed. Beakers above what is needed to maintain a 4 turn science plan is wasteful. Free cash flow above what we can realistically rush away is unnecessary. Our proposed worker welcome home program will generate beakers and gold fast enough to keep us on plan.

Our infrastructure except for the newly captured and formed cities is robust, and our free cash flow insures that these too will be shining examples of the way of the mason.

Let Ferropolis satisfy it's mission. Let's not build for the sake of building.

Ssgt roadcage (retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos

hi ,

our self-defense forces should start with elite mech infantry , .......

four of those in army , well try to fight that , ....

have a nice day

Comment

Working...
                              X