No announcement yet.

Turnchat Report (1340 ad ----> 1355 ad)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turnchat Report (1340 ad ----> 1355 ad)

This is a brief report. If someone can remember anything else, post here (I lost my connection with the mirc, and I couldn't save the entire log).

1340 ad

Peace renegotiated with Zulus, our Dyes trade with Persia ended. They offered something like 7~8 L for dyes, an insult!
    DM stuff done, I'll post the report of rushes after this.
    SMC movements, preparing to take Bremen and Nuremberg. Our fleet sunk some Japanese vessels, and we lost an ironclad.
    Turn ends

1345 ad

The English assault to Bremen fails, and Khufu lead his Army on a vitorious attack. Bremen is ours.
    Dyes for 19Lpt + 179L + WM ( ) with India.
    The Prez lost his connection with the civ channel, and the chaos ruled... for some minutes .
    The President found his way back to the chat... the game continues. The DM stuff is finished.
    A new City is founded, E-Town, near Hannover and San Cortez.
    Aidun is the Acting DM.
    Turn ends.

1350 ad
    The japs refused to acknowledge our envoy. Bastards!
    Our troops are in our way to Nuremberg.
    Roadivostok is founded near Syracuse. General Aggie is the Acting SMC.

1355 ad
    The English fought an extraordinaire battle in Nuremberg, but they attempt fails.
    No deal with Russia. Catherine is a cheap old woman...
    Panzer32 is the Acting DM.
    After bombardment, our troops defeated the german garrison in Nuremberg, and the city is ours.
    Japan still refusing to acknowledge our envoy...
    Some final adjusts and SMC moves (a wall in our frontiers with Rome. A Maginot Line, but that one will work...), some DM stuff...
    The chat is ended.

Important:
    The turn (1355 ad) isn't ended yet.

Rushes pending:

Apolyton: Police Station (2 turns, 160 L)
    Banana HQ: Police Station (2 turns, 160 L)

Police Station in Oak Ridge (5 turns, 276 L)

Brundisium: Courthouse (13 turns) - 196 L (Corruption currently at 55%)
    Syracuse: Courthouse (36 turns) - 288 L (Corruption currently at 66%)

Boomtown Police station (75 turns) - 600 L
    AGC Police station (17 turns) - 472 L

Marketplace in Neo Frankfurt: We are actually building a Courthouse, according the last queue. Market is the next.
    Cathedral in Heidelberg (79 turns) - 316 L
    Marketplace in Neo Leipzig (99 turns) - 396 L (nah...)
    Cathedral in Bremen (27 turns) - 640 L
    Temple in Nuremberg (6 turns) - 240 L

IMHO, we should think again about some of those requests.

I'm sorry for not list here the attendance, but I lost the log, and I don't trust in my memory... I don't want to forget nobody. .
    If someone saved a log, let me know.

Prez Aro
    VP Aggie (Acting SMC)
    SMC Meshelic
    FAM shiber
    Acting DM Governor Aidun
    Acting DM Governor Panzer32

Edited to fix the color...

This picture is interesting:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Aro; February 1, 2003, 23:11.
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

The latest save (for SMC appreciation):
    Edit: this save doesn't includes the Aztec trade prposed by Shiber.
    Attached Files
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas

Comment

The chat log (only part of it):
      Attached Files
      RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas

Comment

My trusty calculator says that the total cost of all the scheduled rushes is 3,744.
        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Too much, I agree. And most of those rushes aren't needed anymore.
          RIAA sucks
          The Optimistas

Comment

Turn (1355 ad) ended. A brief report:

1355 ad

Last moves: Our ironclad sunk a Japanese galley. 1 hp left. Go, Navy!

Between turns:

Japanese fleets moving around, no landed yet.
            Atomic Theory sold to Aztecs for 42 Lpt.
            Zulus and Greeks requested audiences, for the same reason: MPP's and RoP's. No way!
            Persia & Rome have signed millitary alliances against Greece, England and Japan. Persia declared war on Greeks, English and Japanese. Pathetic.
            We have 5055 L, more 1062 Lpt.

Ok, guys, here's the save:
            Attached Files
            RIAA sucks
            The Optimistas

Comment

How convenient for Greece, they already have lots of infantry units in the area.
              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Say goodbye to Hamadan and Samaria, folks...
                Well, good for the Greeks...
                RIAA sucks
                The Optimistas

Comment

About the chat tomorrow...

I think we need more time to think about the DM changes. In peace time (soon we'll make peace with Japan), we need to think again about our cities. The joncnunn orders:

[B]In the Event that the War with Germany Ends during Friday's turn chat these are the changes for Sunday's turn chat
                  1. RGs are requested to move Hospitals to the front of most pop 11 and 12 cities queues with the exception of Timeline which is to build Wall Street first.

2. In cities with neither a Court House nor a Police Station, RGs are requested to change Police Stations to Court Houses, but only if this can be done without wasting shields.

3. Maintaign a 30 native Appolyon worker reserve, (24 for polution control, and 6 for when the IW city builds a Hospital) but otherwise, all RGs requests for additional workers in cities with Hospitals are approved as long as each tile they would work produce at least 1 shield or else 3+ commerce.

4. Rush Priorites change to:
                  1. Temples
                  2. Catherdrials
                  3. Market Places
                  4. Court Houses
                  5. Police Stations in cities without a Court House
                  6. Aquaducts
                  7. Hospitals
                  8. Harbors
                  9. Police Stations in cities with a Court House

Governors, how much time do you need to work on this?
                  Can we schedule a turnchat tomorrow?
                  We can wait a little more, I think.
                  RIAA sucks
                  The Optimistas

Comment

I think a delay of one day is in place, especially since many people have spent most of the day watching the news.
                    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I hereby formally object to the actions taken after the chat ended, specifically ending the 1355 turn.

We had every expectation to believe that since significant build queue changes would be appropriate that the 1355 turn would most definately not be ended.

I posted suggestions for Destroyer builds in 1355 that were not carried out despite favorable comments by all participants including the prez. Since we are in 1360, these builds would now be wasteful of shields.

Looking at the 1360 save it is clear that many other queue changes that the DM had wanted to do were also missing. Fortunately most of these are still possible.

This is shameful.
                      I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

Originally posted by roadcage
                        I hereby formally object to the actions taken after the chat ended, specifically ending the 1355 turn.

We had every expectation to believe that since significant build queue changes would be appropriate that the 1355 turn would most definately not be ended.

I posted suggestions for Destroyer builds in 1355 that were not carried out despite favorable comments by all participants including the prez. Since we are in 1360, these builds would now be wasteful of shields.

Looking at the 1360 save it is clear that many other queue changes that the DM had wanted to do were also missing. Fortunately most of these are still possible.

This is shameful.
                        hi ,

indeed it is

where is the chatreport

maybe its a mistake or so , .....

have a nice day
                        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by roadcage
                          ……………………

This is shameful.

The main goal is a new perspective about the game, roadcage. The DM orders are done till now, but the RA's have to take in count the WLPD in many cities to make new strategies. In many cases of those already built improvements, the change of the queue would be a waste of shields, and, sincerely, I don't remember anything about the destroyer, not specifically. Anyway, the new queues will include the new units (combustion is a war tech in the game. Galleons, for example, may be upgraded right now) and this deserves discussion. The next turns will be "peace time" turns. Improvements, science, money, defense, a beeline to the Spaceship techs, the control of UN. With luck, we'll decide to invade Japan...

About the request to end the chat , I am the responsible, of course. But seems this will be much more easy for RAs to plan if they precisely see the effect of WLADs. (I'm quoting ) I completely agree. We will gain more in this way, IMO.
                          Btw, the only SMC movement was an ironclad sinking a Jap galley... The japs were there, the ironclad had moves, so...

Seriously, roadcage, I know how good you are playing this game; your suggestions are always relevant, and you’re very active and participant.
                          But this DM business is big (+50 cities), we need to make it easier. There’s a worker integration plan, this need to be carefully conducted, to avoid waste of shields. The fact is, the absence of war weariness changes the perspective. Production will be our main goal in the DM, this means more micro management. I’ve posted the joncnunn orders about it (in a post above) to be the guidelines to the RA’s, but we can use the “big picture” to plan better. The DM requests and orders are reasonably complied, IMO.

I can’t see any harm, but I may be wrong. I’ve PMed the justices and my legal adviser, adaMada. If I understood correctly, end the turn was a legal act. (well, I’m not so sure now… Togas don’t answered me, or any other justice… Hmm… Could this be my first court case? )

Oh, well… A court case always brings people back to the game…

Shameful, you said… I’m sorry that you feel this way. I’m not ashamed.
                          RIAA sucks
                          The Optimistas

Comment

Aro I wanted to reply to your PM but your box is full. I will not post my thoughts on this matter.
                            For your photo needs:
                            http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Done
                              RIAA sucks
                              The Optimistas

Comment

Working...
                              X