And I looked out to sea....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I looked out to sea....

Chairman Meshelic's Journal Entry, January 1320 A.D.

January 13th - My campaign for Commander of Apolyton's military has gone more smoothly than I imagined. My opponent, MrMitchell, himself seems unsure of his own abilities, and has actually gone so far as to support my own platform! All jokes aside, I was relieved at the ease of my campaign, although I took it upon myself to continue riding the train all over the nation....from Ubergorsk, my home, to Jerusalem, Tassagrad, Another Glorious City, Gaia, Port Rouge, all the while continuing the win the support of my fellow Apolytonians....long have I traveled, however. Now that the elections are done and past, I will rest in my home in Ubergorsk, overlooking the ocean and taking in the warm air off the sea....

January 14th - Ships come and go, with their glorious sails standing strong and blowing in the wind, the cross of Apolytonia dramatically fluttering in the wind....I enjoy watching them pass by, on to foreign ports as well as our own....reminds me of my days when comrade Shiber and I journeyed to the far east in our rickety caravel, for back then we had no sturdy, strong ships like today. When we explored and found the Japanese, the Chinese, the Indians, the Zulus, people who had heard nothing of the Banana, nor Apolyton itself. Ah those were the days.....

January 15th - I write this entry now in astonishment, for as I look out onto the beautiful port of Ubergorsk, it is not Apolyton vessels I see but the reddened masts of the Japanese fleet! They do not appear hostile, but many Ubergorskians are crowding the ports and pointing in amazement. This is the first time Ubergorsk has seen foreign ships near it's harbors. The Japanese travel west, who knows where they are going?

January 18th - It was early in the morning, today, that a messenger from General E_T arrived at my door, banging loudly and awaking my wife and child. When I asked what the devil was going on, he told me grimly, "The Japanese have landed..." I rushed to Command Headquarters immediately, Senators, Generals and even President Arnelos were there, all of them debating what must be done. Some believed that the Japanese had landed on our shores merely to help us in our war against the Germans and Romans, others foresaw an invasion....

January 18th - This evening the Japanese attacked! It was a blessing nearly that they attacked when they did, for had they invaded hours earlier our glorious cities would surely be in German hands....General E_T appointed me to re-route supplies and troops to our cities for proper defense, thankfully they got there in time before the Japanese cavalry and longbowmen units arrived. They were defeated, but this latest treachery will not go unnoticed....

From the memoirs of Meshelic, SMC and Chairman of the Labor Party....
    Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
    Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Invade the treacherous bastards!

Er... um... peace and patience are the way of God, my son.
    "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
    Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

hi ,

a long , long time ago a warning was send to the senate , ........

there where travelers reports saying that some species where building invasion fleets , .....

more are on the way , ....

and still no funding for a navy , ....

have a nice navy day
      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

panag you will be pleased to know that soon we shall have a glorious Navy, full of Destroyers, Submarines, and eventually Battleships, Aircraft Carriers, and AEGIS Cruisers. Could even be in the next 6-7 turns...(at least for the Destroyers and Submarines...)

Comment

I hope this game is over before anybody can build AEGIS Curisers.
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
            I hope this game is over before anybody can build AEGIS Curisers.
            AEGIS is a long way off, surely....

If we go for space race then we'll definetely have an opportunity to build them, although by then we probably won't NEED them..... I doubt the AI will ever have the production capacity to build them by then anyways...

Comment

Meshelic, in all of my space race victories, neither me nor any of the AIs discover the tech that allows building of AEGIS Cruisers (it's beyond the Space ship part compoents.)

My sapce ship victories occur 1 or 2 turns after the Laser is discovered. (9 of the parts already complete with the 10th being pre-built as an ICBM and swaped to last part with the Laser is dscovered.)
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
                Meshelic, in all of my space race victories, neither me nor any of the AIs discover the tech that allows building of AEGIS Cruisers (it's beyond the Space ship part compoents.)

My sapce ship victories occur 1 or 2 turns after the Laser is discovered. (9 of the parts already complete with the 10th being pre-built as an ICBM and swaped to last part with the Laser is dscovered.)
                I generally have the same thing happen. It's one of my gripes about Civ3 that the Modern Age whips by so fast that you hardly noticed there was one

That said, I really want to WIN THIS GAME ALREADY, so I won't mind this time
                Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
                  That said, I really want to WIN THIS GAME ALREADY, so I won't mind this time
                  Ditto.

Comment

I agree with all of you. Bear in mind this discussion only started because of the mere mention of them, NOT because of any serious desire to actually build them. Had I left them out someone would have said "oh what about AEGIS cruisers?",

Whether we seriously build them or not, it's not something I'd like to focus a discussion on, mostly because just like joncnunn said, by going for the space race we'll be able to build the spaceship before the technology for AEGIS is even available, or necessary.

I was merely mentioning that they exist, not seriously requesting them to be built...

Comment

I love building huge fleets in Civ. Its half the fun. So, lets build a huge fleet and invade them.
                      "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
                      Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

I would support an invasion of Japan proper, although I suspect LOTS of opposition to that idea. Many, if not most, people here seem to no longer seek war, even against the treacherous Zulu and Japanese....remember, Shaka DID attack us and we sued for peace like a bunch of weaklings....

I'd support the invasion of Japan, but this would be a rather large operation, (coordinating Transports, Destroyers, Battleships, with Bombers, Fighters, Infantry, Tanks...etc).

The Japanese should be taught a lesson, beyond the destruction of their Imperial Fleet....

Comment

Originally posted by Thud
                          I love building huge fleets in Civ. Its half the fun. So, lets build a huge fleet and invade them.
                          [rp]

We'd "save a lot of (our boys') lives" if we shortened the war by using a new super-weapon on their mainland to.... make our point.

[/rp]
                          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos

[rp]

We'd "save a lot of (our boys') lives" if we shortened the war by using a new super-weapon on their mainland to.... make our point.

[/rp]
                            You aren't suggesting a nuclear.....oh.

Comment

u should change your avatar to Truman!
                              Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                              King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                              ---------
                              May God Bless.

Comment

Working...
                              X