Pre-Amendment Discussion - Court Reilief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Amendment Discussion - Court Reilief

The court has been plagued with cases as of late. I have been mulling over the idea of an amendment that could help the system a little.

In short I am thinking about an amendment to the "Court" section that requires the plantiff of any case to be wronged before bringing a case to court... You know.. in the case of the veto, the senate was wronged so the senate must (as a body) vote to take it to court. Aggie, as the author of the bill had a real case here. In the instance of the MPPS, only the Senate (as a voting body) or Arnelos (The FAM at the time) were wronged, only they had the right to seek justice.

There would have to be some sort of clause modifying the impreachment process where the request for impeachment must go through the senate first before the court hears the case.

In short I think that this can be done without revoking any rights, It just relieves some court burden with the use of some guidelines.

Any suggestions regarding wording are welcome.
    Vote and discuss

Thanks
    Mss
    I say lets work this out and do it.
    22.22%
    I reject this idea for one reason or another
    77.78%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by ManicStarSeed; January 18, 2003, 16:16.
    Remember.... pillage first then burn.

. This takes away the rights of the people. I would only support this if it also included some means for the court to do a case without someone bringing it before them.

Comment

I agree with Civman2000.

Aidun.
      "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
      Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
        . This takes away the rights of the people. I would only support this if it also included some means for the court to do a case without someone bringing it before them.
        That can be included. But I do not see this as removing rights. I would like to see some examples of where rights are "revoked". There really aren't any. It just provides some channels instead of instant court action.

Under the current system, I can take something to court if I get all bunged up over something that I had nothing to do with. That is not justice, it is instigation.

Find a just court in this world that would let me take someone to court without involvment (even if indirect), and you found an oxymoron

In short it is a mind your own business amendment, not "lets screw the people" amendment.

This is a pre-amendment discussion, we can make this anything we like. I would welcome giving the court a voice outside of cases.

Mss
        Remember.... pillage first then burn.

Comment

Working...
        X