Amendment#2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amendment#2

The Court, in its deliberations about an issue, can find a "spirit of the law" exception or interpretation to the printed wording of the law so long as 4 of the 5 Judges agree. This will be Article VI Clause 7.
    Yea
    44.00%
    Nay
    48.00%
    Abstain
    8.00%

The poll is expired.

“...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Fair enough.
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

bump
      “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

bump

Comment

. There is no reason to take power away from the Court.

Comment

enough bumping... it's an ammendment vote, so it will be topped as long as it has a fair chance of passing.
            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Is this an attempt to formalize what the spremes do on a regular basis, or an attempt to limit same by requiring a super majority?

It appears to be both. I am torn.
              I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

This is attempt to block people from appoiting juges based on this issue.

Comment

Right now, it is established by previous decisions that the court can rule on the spirit of the law whenever it wants. Thus this clearly limits it and does not formalize any power that needs formalizing

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
                    Right now, it is established by previous decisions that the court can rule on the spirit of the law whenever it wants. Thus this clearly limits it and does not formalize any power that needs formalizing
                    I agree with this. Could you post a link to that decision, please?
                    (I know, I'm too lazy to find it by myself... )
                    RIAA sucks
                    The Optimistas
                    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

I had to say Nay because 4 out of 5 is too restruictive. Leave that part out and it would have my vote.
                      Mss
                      Remember.... pillage first then burn.

Comment

Aro: There was no decision that explicitly said it. However, several decisions used the principle of judging the spirit of the constitution (Case 5, Case 7, and Case 9 specifically come to mind)

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
                          Aro: There was no decision that explicitly said it. However, several decisions used the principle of judging the spirit of the constitution (Case 5, Case 7, and Case 9 specifically come to mind)
                          Thanks, civman2000.
                          RIAA sucks
                          The Optimistas
                          I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

This bill seems unnecessary.
                            Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                            "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

Nay to this. Not necessary, like jdjdjd mentioned above.
                              Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                              Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Working...
                              X